Saturday, September 7, 2013

Stealing a Man's Grill

It's Music Video time!  It's been years since I worked on a music video but when my friend, Brad, asked me to be in his music video and told me the concept, I couldn't resist!  I knew it would be a lot of fun and I was excited to work with my friends on this project!
 
Last week after I finished up a Bartending shift at The Garage I drove to Playa Del Rey to meet up with everyone and shoot our scenes.  I don't want to give too much away but basically Kevin and I steal Brad's grill and Brad searches all over to try to find it.  Hilarity shall ensue but Kevin and I's scene involved me jumping out of the truck, stealing the grill, and hopping into the truck bed as we speed off into the distance.  Needless to say, the next day I ended up with bruises all over my legs and I was super sore from getting tossed around but I wanted to go big and make it as real as possible, so I gave it my all!
 
One of my favorite things about our shoot was when Kevin and I were driving to our first marks and we were just doing some improv in the truck, talking about stealing the grill and our relationship.  When we finished for the day, we got to see all the scenes and our improv was actually super funny and totally in the moment.  Who knows where it will end up but I think we're both hoping to use it for our reels since it's ridiculous :)
Shooting 'Stealing a Man's Grill' Music Video
There's a few more scenes that need to be shot so it may be a couple weeks before the video comes out but I can't wait to share it with everyone!  For now, you'll just have to settle for our screen grab on a perfect sunny day!

No comments:

Post a Comment