Thursday, November 7, 2013

My Commercial Reel & Karaoke

I finally got my first Commercial Reel edited and finished so it's up on YouTube for your viewing pleasure!  After getting all the footage together I was able to put out a Reel with a few different commercials filmed over the past couple years I've been living in LA.  It's got a nice variety of shots and styles and hopefully can bring in some more work :)
With Halloween in full effect the past couple of weeks thanks to a Thursday Halloween, I finally have a little time to catch up on my blog and Karaoke.  So for Karaoke from a couple weeks ago I started a little theme for myself singing songs with the word 'dream' in the title.  My first song of the night was 'Dream A Little Dream Of Me' by The Mama's & The Papa's which I haven't sang in quite some time while my next song was a new song of the night, Selena's 'Dreaming Of You' which added the challenge of singing in Spanish too!  Next up was one of my favorites, 'Dreams' by Fleetwood Mac and then I changed it up getting into my Halloween vibe for the following week doing 'Are You That Somebody' by Aaliyah which was new for me that night and closing with Heart's 'If Looks Could Kill.'  That's one of my favorite songs off of their self-titled album.

This past week was a little bit busier for McCracken's Karaoke Birthday Party but not before we had a slow start and got a bunch of songs in before the party started.  I keep adding songs to my History Folder so I started with 'Treat Me Right' by Pat Benatar and then singing Garbage's 'Only Happy When It Rains.'  I moved back into Rock with 'Hold The Line' by Toto and then doing another Heart song this week, 'What About Love' which I haven't sang in years!  Since Jamie and Neil were there for the party, we got a couple duets in, 'Take Me Or Leave Me' from "Rent" and 'Love The Way You Lie' by Eminem and Rihanna.  Since I had so much fun singing it the last time, I did Stacy Orrico's 'Stuck' and my closing song, and also new song for the night was 'Living On A Prayer' by Bon Jovi with a little background vocal and harmony from Neil.  We normally sing the slow version with Neil taking the lead, so this was definitely new territory for me!

I always love the challenge of new songs and was so excited to see my friends trying new things like Spark doing 'Somewhere Over The Rainbow' and Sean doing 'The Remedy.'  The boys all got together and did 'Blurred Lines' which was awesome!  Those Karaoke nights are always the best so bringing a theme makes the Karaoke world go round B)

No comments:

Post a Comment