Monday, May 4, 2015

April Karaoke

We had four weeks of Karaoke this month and some really busy nights!  We even did a Theme Night which I'm writing a separate blog for, so this is for the rest of the weeks in April :)

Fleetwood Mac "Don't Stop"
Patsy Cline "I Fall To Pieces"
Dolly Parton "Jolene"
Kelly Clarkson "Miss Independant"
Eric Clapton "Layla"
Tom Petty "You Got Lucky"

Amy Winehouse "I'm No Good"
Bruce Springsteen "Secret Garden"
Fleetwood Mac "Gold Dust Woman"
Pat Benatar "Heartbreaker"
Taylor Dayne "Love Will Lead You Back"

Pat Benatar "Love Is A Battlefield"
Madonna "Material Girl"
Cheap Trick "I Want You To Want Me"
Aaliyah "Try Again"
No Doubt "Spiderwebs"
Jann Arden "Insensitive"
Ella Fitzgerald "Don't Get Around Much Anymore"

Britney Spears "Gimme More"
Fontella Bass "Rescue Me"
Backstreet Boys "I Want It That Way"
Jamie & I at Gabe's last week for Karaoke!

Week one I sang some songs I hadn't sang in a while and tried out "Miss Independant" by Kelly Clarkson since it's been playing a lot on the radio lately since she has a new single out.  She's such a powerful singer and that certainly was a challenging song.  In week two I sang one of my favorite Bruce Springsteen songs, "Secret Garden" and I'll need to lower it for the next time I sing it but I love that song so much and it always reminds me of 'Jerry Maguire!'  My third week of Karaoke was mostly female based with my new song being "Material Girl" by Madonna which is a fun song but I truly love singing "Insensitive" by Jann Arden which I also sang that week.  The last week in April we had a full house so I only sang a couple times.  My new song was Britney Spear's "Gimme More" since we did a little Britney Super-Set and it was a blast to sing and play around with.  There's been times during Double Entendre's performances of "I Want It That Way" when I've helped but this time around, Khad and I did it as a duet to close out the crazy night.  Although I have to admit, seeing a group of guys sing a song by the Backstreet Boys, N'Sync, 98 Degrees, Boyz to Men, or any other Boy Band is way more fun to watch!
 
It was a really great month at Karaoke and since Thenardier's has a little break until the Fringe Festival in June we should have a little CAC Reunion Night again soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment