Wednesday, May 6, 2015

My Karaoke Anniversary!

I can't believe it's been over four years that I've been Hosting Karaoke at Gabe's!  I still remember Carolyn and I being in Gabe's on St. Patrick's Day and Aimee mentioning they needed someone to fill-in and Carolyn said I should do it since I was always doing Karaoke at Saint's & Sinner's.  I'm so glad that I decided to do it because it's been a blast Hosting Karaoke there for these past four years!
Costumes, Friends, Saint's & Sinner's, CAC and GOOD TIMES!
We celebrated by doing a Musical Theme since we were also celebrating nearly six months until Halloween, so a bunch of people came in costume!  Since I loved my Axl Rose Costume from Halloween a couple years ago I decided to recycle it, always improving, and it turned out great and once again, super comfortable!  Jamie came in rocker gear, Khad was all dressed up, Heike was Catwoman, we had Weird Al, Garth Brooks, Jazz & Country music, and happy singers all around and a night full of amazing songs!

Backstreet Boys or Double Entendre?
I opened with 'I Touch Myself' by The Divinyl's since I was wearing my leather pants and everyone needed to get warmed up to the night.  We got busy almost right away and so the next song I sang was with Jamie, and we did 'Take Me Or Leave Me' from "Rent."  There was a Double Entendre performance of 'I Want It That Way' by the Backstreet Boys and with so many talented singers in the house it was one of the best performances I've seen of it!  My new song of the night was 'Welcome To The Jungle' and I had so much fun with it, and the bruises on my knees proved it.  I had watched the music video for it and when the high part comes in Axl goes to the ground and just kills it in his falsetto!  Since I was singing Guns & Roses, Marty sang 'Sweet Child of Mine' and Scott did 'Mr. Brownstone.'  There was Pat Benatar, Sara Bareilles, Poison, and more!
Sha na na na na na na knee's knee's...and when you're high you never ever wanna come down...YEAH!
To close out the night, I ended with 'November Rain' which is my favorite Guns & Roses song and lucky for me there was a whole crew of back-up guitarists just waiting to rock out with me!  A special thanks to everyone who made it for my Karaoke Anniversary, joined in on the fun by singing, dancing, and toasting to another fabulous year of Karaoke.  I can't wait to have another night like this again soon :)

No comments:

Post a Comment