Monday, June 1, 2015

May Karaoke

With a couple busy nights this month, and lots of friends coming to visit me at Gabe's, it kept Karaoke exciting.  Since my friends were visiting me, it's nice to have a challenge of new music, which I always encourage singers to do something new as well!

Adele "Rumor Has It"
Tina Turner "Proud Mary"
La Roux "Bulletproof"
Bon Jovi "You Want To Make A Memory"
Billy Idol "Rebel Yell"
Jewel "Foolish Games"

Bon Jovi "Shot Through The Heart"
Fleetwood Mac "Gold Dust Woman"
Jumpin' Jumpin' "Destiny's Child"
Britney Spears "Crazy"

Smashing Pumpkins "Disarm"
Journey "Lights"
Pink "There You Go"
Stacy Orrico "Stuck"
Rent "Another Day"
Madonna "The Power Of Goodbye"

Bryan Adams "Summer of '69"
Sara Bareilles "Love Song"
Stone Temple Pilots "Interstate Love Song"
Colbie Callait & Jason Mraz "Lucky"
3 Doors Down "Here Without You"
Lady Gaga "Bad Romance"
Fuel "Falls On Me"
Roxette "It Must Have Been Love"
Def Leppard "Bringing On The Heartbreak"

We had a little Bon Jovi super-set the first week, so I decided on "You Want To Make A Memory" as my new song that night.  I saw Bon Jovi perform that song on 'The Ellen Show' with Ashley eight years ago and have loved it since the first moment I heard it.  I also added a couple new songs to my History that week as well.  Since week two was really busy, I only sang a few times, and my new song was "Jumpin' Jumpin'" by Destiny's Child, because everyone was rapping that week!  After a road trip to Phoenix filled with Rock & Roll, I was feeling the vibe that night, and started off with Smashing Pumpkins and Journey.  When Samantha and Max came in, it turned into 90's music and Musicals, so my new song was "There You Go" by Pink.  That was followed by an awesome duet with Max, singing "Another Day" from 'Rent."  My Mom had suggested some Madonna that week, so I closed with "The Power Of Goodbye" which has some truly amazing lyrics about letting go and saying goodbye.  Sometimes we all just need that little reminder we're making the right decision and on a better path!  This last week at Karaoke it was really quiet so everyone got to sing a bunch.  My new song was Stone Temple Pilots, 'Interstate Love Song,' which went well considering I thought I was going to sing 'Plush.'  Oops!  Since Marty came in, he suggested I sing some Sara Bareilles, and then I had him join me for a duet, so we sang "Lucky."  Not to be left out, he chose "Need You Now" by Lady Antebellum and then the night hit some 90's songs with 3 Doors Down, Fuel, and Roxette.

June is my Birthday month, so we'll be doing a themed night that week at Karaoke, so it should be a fun and busy month ahead!

No comments:

Post a Comment