Sunday, November 29, 2015

November Karaoke

It feels like November just flew by and that it was just Halloween and now it's almost Christmas!  Karaoke has been a little slower this month except when my family was visiting me and then last week when we all celebrated Pre-Thanksgiving (but I saved last week's Karaoke for the next blog).  It was a really fun month of Karaoke!

Pat Benatar "Invinceable"
Michael Jackson "The Way You Make Me Feel"
Tracy Chapman "Give Me One Reason"
Fleetwood Mac "Go Your Own Way"
10,000 Maniacs "Because The Night"

Bread "Make It With You"
Eric Clapton "Layla"
Linda Ronstadt "Just One Look"
Meatloaf "Paradise By The Dashboard Light"
Starship "Nothing's Gonna Stop Us Now"
The Verve "Bittersweet Symphony"
Bill Withers "Ain't Not Sunshine"
3 Doors Down "Here Without You"

Staind "Right Here Waiting"
Fiona Apple "Criminal"
Richard Marx "Right Here Waiting"
Roxette "Listen To Your Heart"
Shania Twain "Still The One"
Les Miserables "I Dreamed a Dream"

How cute is my Dad getting
ready to sing Karaoke!
My whole family was in town visiting from Wisconsin that first week in November.  In fact, I even got my Dad to sing that night; he sang Alice Cooper's "Ballad of Dwight Fry" and that's the first time he's sang on his own at Karaoke (might even be his first time ever).  My voice was going out and I was trying to protect it for our final show that weekend of 'Thenardier's Inn' but I was able to sing my new song "Go Your Own Way" by Fleetwood Mac on request by my Mom and Dad.  I also did Pat Benatar for my Mom and 10,000 Maniacs for them as well.  The second week was really slow but Jamie and Nick came in so it kept us all occupied for a little while.  I sang a duet with Marcus first, "Paradise By The Dashboard Light" and it went far better this time than it did when we first did it a few years ago.  I also sang "Nothing's Gonna Stop Us Now" by Starship with Nick and I think that was the first time I sang it.  It's such a great 80's song and reminds me of the movie it was in, 'Mannequin' with Andrew McCarthy & Kim Cattrall.  I did a variety of songs that night including my new song, "Bittersweet Symphony" by The Verve.  That was really difficult and I'll have to find a new key for the next time I try it but that's the point of trying new songs, finding what works and what doesn't.  The next week we started off with a Staind super-set  with the help of Marty to start off the night.  My new song was "Right Here Waiting" by Richard Marx, another fantastic song and it was perfect for my voice.  I also sang Shania Twain "Still The One" which I performed in a talent contest about 15 years ago!  Jamie and I closed out the night with songs from 'Les Miserables,' since it had been a fairly quiet and chill night of good music.

It tends to get slower in November and December with a few busy shifts as I try to get the Thanksgiving theme and then the Christmas and Holiday music theme in December before I head back to Wisconsin.   We'll be doing our Christmas Karaoke on December 16th so get your songs ready now and get into the Holiday spirit!

No comments:

Post a Comment