Tuesday, November 24, 2015

'This Isn't Funny' Movie Premiere

'This Isn't Funny' Premiere
Earlier this month, the Hosts at Afterbuzz were invited to the movie premiere for 'This Isn't Funny' which was produced by Maria Menounos & Keven Undergaro, our Afterbuzz TV Founders, along with some other very talented people.  One of the taglines was 'Meeting the right person at the wrong time can be the best thing for you.'  I knew it was an Indie Comedy and looked fun and quirky so Katie (my 'Supernatural' Co-Host for the past two years) and I decided to attend the premiere!

Katie & I before the movie!
It was so cold that day and it was raining in LA but we bared that chilly Fall day and met up at the Crest Theater in Westwood for a few quick photos on the red carpet and then made our way into the theater.  'This Isn't Funny' was also directed by the main Actor, Paul Ashton, and the other main Actress, Katie Page, and they had also written the screenplay.  There were a few comedians in it as well as some recognizable actors, Mimi Rogers, Anthony LaPaglia, and Danielle Panabaker.  

It felt like the movie flew by...and before we knew it, I had laughed, felt some really heart-felt moments, cried, an open-ended semi-happy ending and then it was over.  It was super funny, quickly-paced, touching and something that most people can relate to, and was honest.  Paul and Katie had fabulous on-screen chemistry which made sense when we realized they were actually dating in real-life.  They are an adorable couple and have a fantastic movie on their hands.  You can actually buy it on iTunes now: This Isn't Funny on iTunes but I am so glad I was able to see it in the theater!  It stayed in the theater for a week and I really hope it did well, the cast and crew truly deserve it.

Not only was it a fun night out supporting our Afterbuzz family, Katie and I got to hang out together (finally) and see a great movie.  I'm so appreciative of all the opportunities Afterbuzz has brought my way and look forward to all the awesome events in the future :)

No comments:

Post a Comment