Friday, May 6, 2016

Jamie's Birthday Celebration

In April, my seester, Jamie celebrated her Birthday at Gabe's for Karaoke!  I made Dinner for her a couple nights earlier and we were able to hang out while I baked her Birthday cupcakes that I was bringing to Gabe's and gave her, her gift.  We also got some tears in while watching 'Moulin Rouge,' because the night needed that too!
Alan & Jamie at Karaoke!

Pat Benatar - 'Heartbreaker'
Toto - 'Hold The Line'
Bon Jovi - 'It's My Life
Journey - 'Separate Ways'
Tracy Chapman - 'Give Me One Reason'
"Les Miserables" - 'I Dreamed A Dream'

Melissa Etheridge - 'I'm The Only One

We kicked off the Birthday night with some rock & roll.  My new song was Bon Jovi's 'It's My Life' and I had a little help from Adam thankfully.  I'm actually far better at the harmony than the regular chorus since it's so high but it was really fun.  Adam and I already knew the song for "Project Mayhem" so that made things a little easier too.  Of course, there was rocking out with Journey, dancing, a "Les Miserables" super-set, and losing our voices by the end of the night.
The gorgeous Birthday Girl & my Seester!
Jamie had a bunch of friends come by for Karaoke night and they sang too so that was super fun!  We all toasted to her with plenty of cocktails and shots, sang lots of songs, had some themes, and sang 'Happy Birthday!' Overall, it was a fabulous celebration and hopefully we'll have some new Karaoke fans and regulars out of her awesome friends!

No comments:

Post a Comment