Monday, May 9, 2016

Vintage Mom (Part 3)

Vintage Mom was back at Easter when I had an early morning Church Service (thanks to Adam for joining me and taking these photos).  I knew exactly what I wanted to wear from when I had packed it back in January!  It was a gorgeous Easter Sunday and I was happy to honor Mom by wearing something of hers.

This mint green wrap skirt was one of many wrap skirts in Mom's closet.  I had borrowed a couple of them when I was in some plays in High School and am glad to bring them back into my wardrobe.  This one was soft and comfy and I wore it with a white lace tank and silver sweater, which Mom had bought for me a while back.  I had to bring out my silver pumps that Mom liked too.

Both my Aunt's had mentioned they remembered her wearing the skirt, and I wished that I was able to.  It was perfect for Spring and Mom always loved Easter.  On top of going to Church, she loved having Good Friday off so that she could help Bobby and I color eggs.  Sometimes we'd get the fancy coloring sets with glitter or accessories, but it didn't matter to us, it was just time spent with Mom.  Since I could remember, we always went to the Egg Hunt and that tradition continued long after Bobby and I were no longer young enough to participate.  She took all my younger cousins and their kids too.  Mom was so excited to help the kids find eggs and see their faces that she would hide the eggs again just to have them discover them!

I know this Easter, Mom was up in Heaven taking all the little children, who were taken far too soon, just as she was, on their very own Egg Hunt.  I can only imagine the look on their faces as this sweet woman helped them along and smiled back.  I know she's shining down on all of us <3

No comments:

Post a Comment