Tuesday, September 20, 2016

'One Night Stands'

A couple weeks ago I auditioned for Defiance Theater Company to do a show called 'One Night Stands' that would run for three weeks with a short rehearsal period.  Knowing I had 'Thenardier's Inn' starting up in a few weeks I couldn't commit to anything long-term and because of my work schedule I didn't have much availability.  This was the perfect project!  Not to mention, it was going to be a major role change for me and very challenging.
Thanks to Sam, Adam, and Rachel for coming to Opening Night and snapping some pics!
I don't want to give too much away, but the character I'm playing is empowered and fun, she's flirty and forward with just a touch of crazy AND I have the wildest prop.  One that I told my Dad, would be ok if he didn't come and see this show.  It's not that bad, but it's certainly not normal.  It's a very physical scene and required some choreography to get it just perfect.  It's the type of thing you have to see :)
Courtney and I at Idle Hour for some post-show celebrations!
The show is at the Avery Schreiber Playhouse in North Hollywood and consists of seven short scenes that are all about 'One Night Stands' and it's opened by Cupid.  It's an hour-long show and it flies by so quickly!  We've got one final show this Friday at 9 pm but I hope to do the show again in the future since it's been going on for over eight years now!  Let me know if you can make it on Friday, I'd love to see ya there!

1 comment: