Thursday, March 15, 2012

Knock yourself out putting on the Rogaine and the Speedstick!

I'm getting very excited about my Casting Workshop on Saturday, and now that I know what scene I'll be doing, I just need to rehearse it with a scene partner.

I'm doing a scene from 'Sex & The City' that's got some great underlying humor, but allows me as an actress, to build, and show varying ranges of emotion.  I've worked on the scene and memorized it so this afternoon Neil came over to rehearse it with me.  I'll have a Reader at the Workshop, which means, whomever is reading it, will probably be seeing the scene for the first time, and while I'm on-stage doing my lines, they'll be reading along, and hopefully, great at cold reads.  When Neil and I were rehearsing, we practiced initially, expecting the worst of what could happen, just in case, so that I can be strong no matter what.  After reading it a couple times, Neil couldn't help but be awesome at it, so it made my job so much easier :)  We worked through the scene, Neil giving me notes, and me making small changes to better the scene.  I definitely feel better after rehearsing it and hope we'll be able to practice it a little bit more before Saturday.  But I feel as though it will have more of an impact then when I originally had rehearsed it alone, so that's great!

After our rehearsal Neil and I went to The Arsenal to watch the Bulls game, but since they couldn't turn the sound on, and I had already ordered because Happy Hour was ending, we drank our drinks, ate our food, and left.  Definitely a bummer.  So then we headed over to Gabe's to watch the 2nd half of the game.  I'm not a huge Basketball fan, although I loved cheering for the boys in College, because as a Cheerleader, you're right there in the action which made it so much more exciting, and I knew all the guys playing so I was genuinely happy when they were playing well!  When I moved to LA I became a Laker fan, because I wasn't all that into Basketball, and went to my first game out here and sat in the 6th row, right behind Jordan Farmar.  That's why I became a fan of the Lakers!  Since he left the team, I kind of lost interest in Basketball, but have watched some Bulls games with Neil the past couple seasons.  The first Basketball game I EVER went to was a Bulls game, and we had great seats when I had gone, probably in 1999 or 2000, so I've always considered myself a Bulls fan because I enjoyed watching and knew all the players at that time, Pippen, Rodman, etc.

Since we were at Gabe's, it made it easy to get Karaoke started!  I opened the night with Seether's version of 'Careless Whisper,' with Neil doing some background vocals.  I've always loved that version and had heard it on my run earlier in the day, so I thought I would try it, since it would be my new song of the night.  It was a lot of fun, and I can't wait to sing it again now that I'll be more comfortable with it.  Neil and I also sang Seether & Amy Lee's 'Broken' which was a first for Neil, and had been a long time since I had sang it.  Karaoke was really steady for most of the night, but slowed down around 11:30 and I was able to get out before 1 am so that was nice.

All in all, a very creative and productive day!  
Rock & Roll.

PS.  The title of this blog is a line from my scene...great scene in 'Sex & The City!'

No comments:

Post a Comment