Monday, March 5, 2012

Spunky Wisconsin

A few weeks ago I had an Audition in front of Janice Dickinson and a couple other judges to walk the Runway for a Swimwear Line at Miami Fashion Week.  I completely forgot all about it until I got an e-mail saying we needed to get on the website and share the link to our video and vote. 
Please take the time to check out my 2 minute video and vote for me because I'm just a normal girl from Wisconsin, who's all of 5"4, with real curves, and works hard.  I'd love to get the chance to inspire girls and women, that you don't need to have model stats to succeed in this business.  You can feel confident and have fun at any shape and size as long you've got a positive attitude and aspirations :)
So check out the video, it's pretty funny, and Janice wasn't nearly as intimidating as I thought she was going to be, she was actually pretty complimentary!

This weekend I Hosted Karaoke on Saturday night!  It was exciting to be working a different night and hopefully, I'll be getting some people to come in on my normal Wednesday night to build it up more!  There were a lot of great singers, and a lot of new people.  It was a really busy night so I was only able to sing a couple of times, so my new song for the night was Madonna's 'Like A Prayer.'  Definitely a popular song, and one most Karaoke people have sung before, but it was my first time, and I will be singing it again!

Today I had an audition for a Hair Show.  The audition was in Woodland Hills at a Hair Institute.  The Audition started promptly at 1:15, and because I made it up there in 25 minutes, I was a half hour early.  I sat in the waiting area, read a magazine, and watched as each girl walked in.  Kind of amazing how they say 1:15 sharp, and people are walking in at 1:20.  It was a Brunette Call, but there were a couple red heads and blondes, yet everyone looked really different.  They then called us into a room where 10 students from Sebastian UK would be putting on a show tomorrow and they were finding their models at this call.  One by one each stylist picked a model, some checking hair, others just picking someone immediately.  If I had to guess, out of the 50 girls there for the call, I was one of very few who didn't have any color or product in my hair.  I did my hair straight but full and flowy, as most of the girls did.  The stylists chose all the redheads, a blonde, and the rest were brunette and ethnic and 15 minutes later I was walking out of the salon back to my car...better luck next time!  At least I can be happy that I got called in, and hopefully will be kept in mind for future shows and projects!

No comments:

Post a Comment