Monday, February 18, 2013

Music Movies

I had some free time a couple weekends ago to catch up on some movies I had DVR'd that I've been waiting to see for years!  I've always been a fan of Christina Aguilera and I caught 'Burlesque' on ABC Family one day and then saw 'Country Strong' was playing on FX all weekend so I decided to check that one out as well.

Not only did 'Burlesque' have a lot of famous actors and singers including Cher, Christina Aguilera, Kristen Bell, Julianne Hough, Stanley Tucci, Cam Gigandet, and Eric Dane, so there was plenty of eye candy to go around but I really liked the story and didn't feel it was all that predictable.  I LOVED the make-up and costumes!  The make-up was so different for each scene and gave me some ideas that I would clearly scale-down for an every day look, but I saw one of the prettiest dresses I have ever seen on Christina Aguilera when she was singing a slower love song and she was wearing this greenish-yellow satin fitted dress that was just stunning!  The music and songs were great, singers were strong, dancing was fun, and the story was interesting.  I'm so glad I was finally able to see this movie and also get to see Cher rock it as well!  Here's a link to Christina's dress in case you're interested: Burlesque Dress

'Country Strong' really surprised me as well.  I actually found an actor that I have a crush on...Garrett Hedlund, and he's a good Midwestern boy from Minnesota!  I guess I didn't know much about the movie, I just thought it followed a few country singers on the road to stardom but I didn't realize that it was all based on overcoming addiction all the while an affair is happening.  It was very real and honest, hard to watch at times, you really felt for all the characters.  Tim McGraw never ceases to amaze and impress me, and Gwyneth Paltrow had some incredible moments.  I always like to read the info and trivia about movies on IMDB so I was happy to see that Garrett Hedlund studied music and singing to improve his voice and get the role, and was a huge part of why I liked the movie because he has a natural charisma.  Some of the songs were so beautiful and had great lyrics too.  I was pleasantly surprised after watching this movie!

I'm way behind on my Karaoke update so my songs from 2 weeks ago were opened with 'Hit Me With Your Best Shot' and then I rocked out 'You Give Love A Bad Name' and had so much fun with that performance, it was one of my favorites.  My new song of the night was 'Sober' by Pink since she's been coming out with a bunch of new songs lately and I'm on a Pink kick because she rocks!  I also did 'Foolish Games' and then sang 'Cruisin' with Marcus and closed out the night with 'Joey,' which I still want to do some work on.  That week clearly ended up being a very musical week with all the Music Movies and Karaoke night!

No comments:

Post a Comment