Friday, February 8, 2013

Superbowl Sunday!

Well, it's another 6 months until Football starts again, and I will be anxiously awaiting the 2013-2014 Season!  Thankfully, there's Baseball and the Dodger Season to look forward to, and hopefully awesome seats right behind Andre Ethier and perhaps even an Ethier signing of my new #16 Jersey!

Go Packers!
But before Baseball Season begins there was the Superbowl!  Neil was Hosting a small party, that I helped Co-Host, where there was a variety of food and treats, including a 4 pound bucket of Red Vines, and my very own Bloody Mary Bar where I played Bartender all afternoon!  Now, I won't tell you my Bloody Mary Recipe because that's a secret, and one I have been perfecting for years at this point.  But I will tell you, adding in all the goodies and vegetables is key, and although I couldn't find a Beef Stick to put in it, it was still one of the best Bloody Mary's that I had ever made.

I was rooting for the 49's and hoping Kaepernick would get MVP because we all had voted on who would get the Prestigious Award.  Kaepernick ended up winning me over with his Pre-Game Interview, talking about when he was in 4th grade that he had written a letter and said he wanted to play for the Packers in 7 years even if they weren't good, and the fact that he was from Wisconsin.  With the Raven's getting a nice lead by halftime I was nervous and at that point, just cheering for a good game and good plays.  Half-Time was good, loved that Beyonce's fellow Destiny's Child ladies joined her on-stage for a few songs and that she did some new and old hits.  I thought she did a great job!  After waiting for the power to come back on in the game, and after an amazing Half-Time Meal of Pulled Pork Sandwiches with Coleslaw and Pickles thanks to Arthur, the 49's really impressed me by coming back strong.  If only they could have won the game.  There's always next year for them when they lose to the Packers ;)

Overall, the party was a success surrounded by awesome people, it was a great game, and relaxing evening.  Now that's my kind of Superbowl!

No comments:

Post a Comment