Saturday, August 3, 2013

Back to Karaoke!

It had been a couple weeks after I got back from Punta Cana to get back into Karaoke because I had missed a week when I was on vacation, and the following week I was at the Matchbox 20 and Goo Goo Dolls concert, which was incredible!  I'll be writing a blog about the show soon.  Since we had the new system at Karaoke we're still getting things up and running smoothly, everyone is working on building up their history again from scratch and I'm starting to write down everything so I can't lose my own history again!

A couple weeks ago we had a pretty quiet night but I got a few people up to sing that had never sang Karaoke before, so that was fun, and I opened the night with 'Don't Stop' by Fleetwood Mac and then did 'Any Man of Mine'.  It ended up being a 90's theme night with a couple friends showing up and singing all those guilty pleasures like 'Glycerine,' 'Black Balloon,' 'Mother,' and even 'I Believe I Can Fly.'  I tried The Police, 'Every Breath You Take' again and still need to find the right key for it, since I can actually raise that one up but I was more excited and nervous for my new song of the night which was Whitney Houston's 'I Will Always Love You.'  I actually kept it in the original key and hit all her high notes, so I'm glad it went well and I'll be excited to sing it again when I'm more confident with it!  I closed out the night with 'Possum Kingdom' by The Toadies which is such a great song to sing and a reminder of fun times at Saint's & Sinner's.  It seems the Theme Nights are fun and challenging for everyone and something people look forward to!

Last week I got a late start due to the Yankee's vs. Dodger's game but it was busy from there on out.  I got started with a different Fleetwood Mac song that night, by doing 'Say You Love Me' while my next song was my new song for the night, 'Invincible' by Pat Benatar.  I can't believe I haven't sang that song before now but it was super fun and a great song for my voice, plus I love that it's powerful and upbeat.  It was a Power Ballad kind of night so my next song was 'Alone' by Heart and then 'Separate Ways' by Journey, but unfortunately, there was no changing the key of songs that night, so I gave it my all, when I normally lower both of those songs, so that was good practice for myself!  My last song of the night was 'I Touch Myself' and then I let the guys close out the night with some more fun sing-a-long songs :)

I was definitely glad to get back to Karaoke after a couple weeks off and I want to get a new planned Theme Night together in the next couple of weeks where people can get dressed up and sing songs from that theme.  Perhaps it'll be a Gender Bender kind of night, or 90's Alternative...either way, it'll be an interesting night!

No comments:

Post a Comment