Friday, August 16, 2013

Karaoke and The Hussy in LA!

Last week started a very musical week and in just 7 days, I had 2 nights of Karaoke and saw 2 different bands perform!  You can find Karaoke all over the City of LA, and even if LA isn't a big music scene, it sure has plenty to offer!

Em & I at The Hussy's Show
For Karaoke I sang a couple new songs but opened with 'Dreams' by Fleetwood Mac and then got into one of my new songs, 'Bitch' by Meredith Brooks which was something fun and goofy to do.  Next up was challenging myself again to Whitney Houston's 'Saving All My Love For You' which went really well and I'm happy to try something more difficult and see the crowd really liked it.  Another new song for the night was 'Love The Way You Lie' with Neil doing Eminem's part and really killing it.  That's a super hard rap!  I closed out the night with 'Criminal' by Fiona Apple which has scared me since the last time I did it years ago, but it went so much better this time around, and I know I've improved on being able to harmonize and find melodies when they're difficult to hear.  Karaoke has definitely improved my musical skills :) 

Bobby and Heather, of The Hussy, were playing after midnight on Sunday Night at the Pirate-Themed, Redwood Bar, in Downtown Los Angeles.  I was excited to see a bunch of my friends at the show, Emily & Shane, McCracken, and Neil, too!  I haven't seen The Hussy perform since last year at Redwood Bar so I was excited to hear new songs off the album in addition to some old favorite songs.  I helped them sell a little merchandise, but it really sold itself, and I could tell T-shirts and Albums were in high demand so that was awesome to see!  They played mostly songs off their new album, and a couple of them I really liked including one that was currently Untitled and another one that had both Bobby and Heather singing 'oh, oh, ah, oh oh, ohh.'  It was really fun and catchy!  I was happy to see so many people at the show for a Sunday and when they closed with 'One Time' they had all of us dancing around the stage so that was really cool!  Overall, the show was awesome and it was great to see The Hussy performing in LA yet again!
The Hussy performing at Redwood Bar in Downtown LA
It was definitely a musical week, which you'll see in addition to my next blog, and it's nice to hear new music.  I'm always excited when The Hussy is in town and hopefully they'll be back again next year!

No comments:

Post a Comment