Wednesday, September 18, 2013

Football Season is Back!

As soon as the Superbowl is over I look forward to August when Pre-Season Football begins, which means Regular Season is just around the corner.  It also means Fantasy Football is back, and my love/hate relationship with that enticing little game.

I've been a Packer Fan for as long as I can remember, not to mention, I've been on the Green Bay Packer Ticket Waiting List since I was 9 years old.  Originally, my brother and I, were told we would get the tickets when we were about 50 years old, well, that number has changed and we hope to see those tickets in our lifetime.  Who can blame Packer Fans for still going to all the games because we are an amazing and loveable team, led by my all-time favorite Packer draft pick, Aaron Rodgers!  Every week I look forward to watching my Packer game, whether I'm working at the bar and cheering along with my team, or at home on the couch, with a Bloody Mary and some Football treats, or sipping a beer at my favorite Sports Bar, there's nothing like watching my favorite game of the week!
Go Pack Go!
Fantasy Football has been around for a long time, and while this is my 3rd consecutive year playing, I was initially talked into Fantasy Football when I had first moved out to LA 8 years ago by my friend, Tim Gage, (miss you all the time, and won't forget the incredible experience of working on 'The Most Fabulous Story Ever Told' with you and some of the most memorable people of my acting career) but didn't do so well that year because I didn't quite understand the game.  Well, the past 2 years have been good and bad; my first year I got 3rd place, while last year, I came in nearly bottom of the barrel.  This year, I'm in the middle, but it's only the 3rd week, and hopefully I'll move back up towards the top after Monday night's game and because each team in our league has an awesome Super Team thanks to a No Auto-Draft League.

I do have a love/hate relationship with Fantasy Football.  Who doesn't get excited about a little healthy competition between friends, cheering on players and wanting them to succeed but I can't tell you how frustrating it is, week to week, relying on specific players to win your match-up.  For instance, I have Victor Cruz on my team and in the first week he scored over 30 points while last week he scored almost 13, which is still awesome, but Eli Manning still manages to ruin my game because I have to worry about how well he's going to play and he's completely unreliable.  That brought a loss for me last week considering my opponent had Denver's defense who brought in 23 points (scoring an extra 10 points above their projections) against the Giant's offense in Manning Bowl.  I blame it all on Eli.  Yet, for some reason, I love playing and get excited about watching all the Football games throughout the week, and keeping track of my scores on the Stat Tracker!

I'm so happy that Football is back in full effect!  So if you can't figure out which team to cheer for, why not pick our team, the Packers, as they are the only team who's owned by the fans; and there's nothing like being at a Packer Game in the middle of December, while it's negative 10 degrees outside!  You have to do it once in your life :)

2 comments:

  1. Everybody is happy to have football back! You are not alone. Go cowboy's

    ReplyDelete
  2. Go DeMarco Murray...he's starting for me this week ;)

    ReplyDelete