Tuesday, September 3, 2013

Karaoke at Gabe's!

After a fun Labor Day Weekend it's back to the grind and the heat is certainly not breaking here in LA!  It was 90 degrees and going on a run outside for even just 40 minutes today was sweltering so I had to finish my work-out in our air-conditioned gym...lucky me :)

Catching up with some Karaoke for the past couple weeks a few weeks ago and a quiet day at Gabe's started with 'You Were Meant For Me' by Jewel and after a few friends came in it turned into Gender Bender Night and my next 3 songs were all by male artists or bands.  It had been quite some time since I sang Journey's 'Lights' so that was first up on the list and even though I've had this next song on my (New Song) list for over a year I hadn't sang it yet, so I did Bryan Adams' 'Summer of '69' which went really well and was a lot of fun!  Everyone slowed it down on their last round so I did 'Here Without You' by 3 Doors Down which is still one of my favorite songs from my college days!

Last week I wanted to add some more new music to my History file so I started with 'Gold Dust Woman' by Fleetwood Mac which is a song I normally close with, but decided to open with.  I can't believe I just discovered that song just a few years ago but it's certainly one of my top choices in Fleetwood Mac songs!  It was another quiet night at the bar so next up was 'Foolish Games' by Jewel and my new song for the night was Amy Grant's 'Baby Baby' which was a blast to sing and definitely a guilty pleasure.  Marty had stopped by for a few songs so we sang 'Need You Now' by Lady Antebellum and there was no Gender Bender night for me that night as I sang all female songs continuing with Cyndi Lauper's 'Time After Time' on request from Marcus.  That song works really well for my voice and I should probably sing it more often because everyone likes to sing along with it.  I closed out the night with 'Listen To Your Heart,' this time requested by Marty; the song will forever remind me of being at the Roxette Concert last year with my Mom :D

It's been slowing down at Karaoke lately but hopefully with kids back in school it'll pick back up and we can get some wild and fun Karaoke nights going on once again!  
*If you haven't checked out Gabe's Sports Bar (it's also a Steelers Bar for you Football Fans) you can find it at 2965 South Sepulveda Blvd in West Los Angeles, CA 90064.*

No comments:

Post a Comment