Thursday, September 26, 2013

Music Time!

Once again I'm playing catch-up for Karaoke over the past couple of weeks but this time it's including some fun news as well!  Yesterday, I recorded some vocals for a Halloween Rap.  I was in the studio for a half hour doing the chorus for the song and also the closing part.  I'm not rapping in the video, just singing, but I don't want to give too many details because hopefully, I'll have more to tell in just a couple weeks!  It was a lot of fun and the project is super cute so I can't wait to share it!

So back into Karaoke, three weeks ago it was a female only night when I started with 'Jealousy' by Natalie Merchant, and then 'Ironic' by Alanis Morissette.  I keep adding songs to my History Folder and I finally finished up my own Word Document that I saved at home so I can keep track of what's new and old.  My new song of the night was by Kelly Clarkson, 'Walk Away', a sassy song, while my next was 'Love Is A Battlefield' by Pat Benatar.  It's been fairly quiet at Karaoke lately with the start of the school year so I closed out with 'Hold On' by Wilson Phillips.

Then last week there were 2 groups of people at Gabe's so we had one of our busiest Wednesday nights for Karaoke and plenty of singers.  I opened with 'Baby Baby' by Amy Grant, keeping it 90's, and a fun song everyone knew.  I had been wanting to sing my new song for a while, and it was one of my favorite songs in College, and a few people were really excited I was singing it because they had forgotten about it.  My new song was 'Stuck' by Stacie Orrico and I loved singing it!  I slowed it down and jazzed it up for my next song which was Tracy Chapman's 'Give Me One Reason' which is still one of my favorite songs to sing.  My next song was 'Whose Bed Have Your Boots Been Under' by Shania Twain which I haven't sang for a while and since the crowd was keeping it 70's I closed with 'Piece Of My Heart' which went over well, and felt great to rock out to!  Yet again, it was another female only night for me!

This past week we celebrated a Birthday so it was a bunch of regulars in that got to sing a ton so I was happy it was a slower night aside from the party.  I opened with Pat Benatar's 'Hit Me With Your Best Shot' and actually skipped my turn a bunch last night because I wanted everyone else to sing and I had sang a few songs at Karaoke on Saturday night even doing Mandy Moore's 'I Wanna Be With You' which was new for me, that I'll bring to a Wednesday night Karaoke soon, and also sang one song at Boardwalk 11 on Monday with our Garage Crew after work that night.  Keeping it Rock & Roll I did Toto's 'Hold The Line' which I also hadn't sang in a while and then my new song was 'I Could Fall In Love' by Selena.  I had forgotten about the Spanish verse towards the end of the song so those Spanish classes paid off after all ;)  We had a couple Adele songs so I did 'Rolling In The Deep' and then closed out with 'You Give Love A Bad Name' by Bon Jovi.  It was certainly a night of variety for me!

This busy month has flown by:  Lots of Karaoke, new music, and a couple projects, travel, concerts, and some shopping trips for the Fall Season!  While Summer in LA is nearing it's end, some of my favorite Holidays are coming up and I'll have some new stuff coming soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment