Friday, August 29, 2014

August Karaoke

I'm testing a new format for my Karaoke Blog and mainly it's just for me to see what I've been singing, where I'm growing, and the new songs I'm trying.  The purpose of my Blog is to be creative and write about the things that contribute to that, as well as talk about my favorite things.  For Karaoke I'm going to list my new songs in bold and will end with a wrap-up.  We'll see how this goes for the next month or two!

Week 1:
Adele "Rolling in the Deep"
Fleetwood Mac "Say You Love Me"
Eric Clapton "Layla"
Kings of Leon "Sex on Fire" 
Amy Grant "Baby Baby"

Week 2:
Fleetwood Mac "Dreams"
Amy Winehouse "You Know I'm No Good"
Tracy Chapman "Give Me One Reason"
Shania Twain "Any Man of Mine"
Faith Hill & Tim McGraw "It's Your Love"
Adele "To Make You Feel My Love"
The Carpenters "Superstar"

Week 3:
Garbage "Only Happy When it Rains"
Cher "If I Could Turn Back Time"
Selena Gomez "Love You Like a Song"
Whitney Houston "Queen of the Night"
Gun's & Roses "November Rain"

Week 4:
Gretchen Wilson "Redneck Woman"
Ace of Base "All That She Wants"
Pocahontas "Just Around the Riverbend"
Aladdin "A Whole New World"
Jewel "Don't"

My new songs this month were all over the place.  I started this month singing one of my favorite songs by Eric Clapton and would love to try the Acoustic version the next time I sing it.  "Superstar" is a song I hear at Gabe's on a fairly regular basis and thought I'd try the 70's hit and it went over well.  Another favorite song from Whitney Houston and 'The Bodyguard' was my new song for Week 3 but I definitely need to find a different version since the song I sang was totally different than the album version.  Since I'm gearing up for another 'Princess Show' this weekend with Creating Arts I thought I would prep one of my solo's as I'm playing Pocahontas as well as another character that I'll share with everyone next week ;)

I had no repeats over the course of the month and a wide variety of music.  I sang a majority of female songs and tried new music I hadn't sang in a while so it's nice to switch it up and keep the Gabe's regulars on their toes!

No comments:

Post a Comment