Monday, August 18, 2014

Dinner at BOA in Santa Monica

If you know me, you know I love steak; I am definitely a Wisconsin girl through and through.  Lucky for me, over the course of a month after my Birthday I got to have steak dinner's at three different restaurants with wonderful friends.  On my Birthday I had my first Mastro's experience thanks to my friend, Kristina!  A couple weeks after that Aimee, Andy, and I were able to hit up Ruth's Chris (my previous blog post) for Dine LA, and then a week later, it was catch-up time and Dinner at BOA in Santa Monica with Jamie!

We got seated at a table outside, literally steps from the beach and ocean at BOA in Santa Monica.  Jamie picked out a wine for us and we started our meal with the Tuna Tartare and Jamie had their table-side Caesar Salad which I tasted and was delicious.  We split the Center Cut Filet Mignon and got a side of Bamboo-Steamed Vegetables which had lemongrass (LOVE that flavor) as well as the Truffle & Parmesan Cauliflower.  I think the Cauliflower could have used more Truffle and Parmesan, but I always want more cheese.  The steak was perfectly-cooked at medium rare and I picked out Creamy Horseradish sauce on the side which just amped the steak up and was awesome!  There was no shortage of food and Dinner wouldn't have been complete without dessert.  We decided on the S'mores which was one of the hi-lights of the meal.  It was a dense fudge cake with a chocolate ice cream, graham cookies, and vanilla fluff.  I really miss vanilla fluff!!

It was so nice to catch up with a good friend and enjoy a great meal together.  We've had some fun food adventures together and this was another new restaurant to add to my list :)

*Just in case you missed it, you can read about my amazing experience at Mastro's here:  Mastro's Birthday Dinner!*

No comments:

Post a Comment