Tuesday, August 26, 2014

Sunsets in Los Angeles

I can't believe I don't take advantage of watching the sunsets when I'm just 15 minutes from the ocean.  Maybe it's because I'm afraid of the birds, and not a huge fan of the sand either.  It's probably also because finding parking takes at least 15 minutes and then you're walking an additional mile or two just to get to the beach.  Wah wah, am I really complaining about that?  Needless to say, when I do get to see a sunset, I'm completely awestruck by the beauty and colors in the sky.  I need to do it more often!

A little over a week ago I went to the first pool party I had been to in a long time.  It was definitely more low-key than the typical pool parties I went to in Hollywood years ago and I was really happy about that.  I asked Courtney from Afterbuzz if she wanted to come along with me since we had never hung out aside from Hosting and was also meeting up with a friend, Mark, that I gone to school with for 13 years back in Plymouth, Wisconsin, and it was our first time catching up since High School.  It was a celebration for his friends who had just wrapped a movie, and the party was in the Hollywood Hills just off of Laurel Canyon.  Of course, the house was stunning, and there was plenty of food to eat, BBQ, all the fixings and sides, with awesome people but the best part was the sunset we got to watch.  Then later on, we saw the Valley light up, as it got dark outside and it was just gorgeous!
Yesterday I helped Neil film a scene for his music video that's coming out next week. We had to shoot in Santa Monica on the beach, with the Ferris Wheel in the background, and nice natural light.  After he scared all the pigeons away from the car so I could get out (who throws pretzels around in the parking lot), we did our scene in four short takes and then it was on to his.  It was a quick shoot, and I helped Neil film one of the verses for his song using the camera dolly as we walked down the strand.  I couldn't leave without getting a picture on the beach, so I grabbed my phone and had Neil snap a shot.  Little did I know that I'd get my silhouette with the rays of light coming off the sun, hitting the lens, and creating a really amazing picture.  It required no filter and brought magic to the beach :) 
I just wanted to share these photos with everyone; check out more on my Instagram, so give me a follow.  Find me on Instagram here! 

No comments:

Post a Comment