Thursday, December 8, 2016

November Karoke

November was a good month for Karaoke!  I was in my 'No Drinking' phase until that last week so my voice was healthier than normal, even though I was fighting a cold or sore throat.  Dad was visiting me for Thanksgiving so he came into Gabe's the night before and even sang a song.  Overall, it was a fairly busy month!

Rick Astley - 'Never Gonna Give You Up'
Shania Twain - 'That Don't Impress Me Much'
Paula Abdul - 'Cold-Hearted Snake'
Rob Thomas - 'Someday'
Roxette - 'Listen To Your Heart'
Marty was really excited that I was
finally drinking again!  I ordered the
girliest shot I could, perfect for this
Winter weather ;)

Cher - 'I Found Someone'
Pat Benatar - 'Treat Me Right'
10,000 Maniacs - 'Because The Night'
Jewel - 'Angel Standing By'
Natalie Merchant - 'Wonder'

Madonna - 'La Isla Bonita'
Wilson Phillips - 'Hold On'
The Ronettes - 'Be My Baby'
Lifehouse - 'Breathing'
Stockard Channing - 'There Are Worse Things I Could Do'

The Beatles - 'Come Together'
Sara Bareilles - 'Gravity'
Blondie - 'Call Me'
Rent - 'Another Day'
Kansas - 'Carry On My Wayward Son'

Nancy Sinatra - 'These Boots Were Made For Walking'
Rent - 'Take Me Or Leave Me'
Cher - 'The Shoop Shoop Song'
The Kinks - 'My Sharona'
Journey - 'Separate Ways'

It had been a while since I sang some Rick Astley so I opened with that and my new song of the night was 'Someday' by Rob Thomas.  A personal favorite song and it was great for my voice.  I saw Matchbox 20 and Goo Goo Dolls in concert a few years ago and they re-invigorated my love for them!  The next week was my Mom & Dad's Wedding Anniversary so I did a few of my Mom's favorite songs and a song I wish I could have sang for her when she visited me as my new song.  I did Jewel's 'Angel Standing By' which is such a beautiful song and it was fun to sing.  The next week was a little more low-key, people must have been prepping for Thanksgiving.  I added some more songs to my history and did 'Breathing' by Lifehouse which was pretty difficult and needs to be lowered a note or two for my voice.  It was just out of my range with his jumps.  With my Dad in town for Thanksgiving I did songs he requested or that he hadn't heard me sing.  I had to open with The Beatles, he sang a Beatles song later too, and then I did 'Gravity' by Sara Bareilles.  Another favorite song of mine, to hear and to sing!  Dad requested 'Call Me' which is vocally difficult but I was able to pull it of, and then Zach and I sang 'Another Day' from "Rent" which is a song I adore!  My new song that night was 'Carry On My Wayward Son' by Kansas, a fun song to sing, and of course pays homage to my Afterbuzz TV Aftershow I do for 'Supernatural.'  That closing week in November we were celebrating Hadiyyah's Birthday and we had a bunch of friends singing, so Emily and I sang 'Take Me Or Leave Me' from "Rent" and my new song was The Kinks 'My Sharona.'  It's lyrics are only slightly scandalous ;)

December has already started and it's only two weeks of Karaoke for me since I'll be heading back to Wisconsin for a couple weeks for Christmas and the Holidays with my family!  Next week we'll be doing Holiday music so join us at 9 pm for an exciting night of great music!

No comments:

Post a Comment