Tuesday, January 24, 2017

Resolutions & Goals for 2017

As we've gotten settled into January and the new year, I took some time to figure out what I wanted for myself this year.  With the life-changing year of 2016, I am really excited to welcome 2017.  Out with the old and in with the new, and here's to a fresh new start with stronger relationships, more creativity, positivity, yummy food, and work!

Last year I took a Master Class at the Ruskin School, working with Chris Mulkie, Paul Sand, Billy DaMota, Paul Ruddy, Bruce Davisson, and more.  I learned so much over the weeks and certainly grew as an Actor.  These Actors & Coaches (including John Ruskin) pulled so much out of me and brought new ideas and intentions for me to work onI'm always striving to learn new techniques that make me stronger in my choices.  I started producing some of my Aftershows at Afterbuzz TV as well, and brought in a ton of guests to talk about 'Supernatural.'  This show continues to pick up steam and just got renewed for Season 13...woo!  We had a few Improv Shows and I've been actively involved in our weekly Improv classes.  CAC Studios had also re-opened 'Thenardier's Inn' and I got to do some Princess Shows on top of our adult shows.  I even stretched my range by working with some talented actors for 'One Night Stands,' which was a blast and challenge.  I can't wait to get involved with some new projects this year, film with my friends, creating our own work, and get myself out more often!

'No day but today!' ~ Rent (Photo by Angel Romero)
I grew in the kitchen too, thanks to Blue Apron.  The girls from Lubitsch gifted me a couple weeks at Christmas time, and I actually kept up with it because I love to cook.  It makes it so much easier when the ingredients and recipes are delivered right to your door and all you have to do is cook it up.  I'm looking forward to making some of these recipes on my own now!  I Hosted my first Dinner Party last week and can't wait to have another one.  Health and fitness-wise, I've been working really hard and thankfully can still enjoy my favorite foods but need to make sure to keep up with my work-outs because it's definitely harder to stay in shape in your 30's.  Water has been a huge part of the last year, as I've made sure to drink a minimum of eight glasses a day and I can truly say I've seen a difference in my skin (it looks clearer and brighter), I very rarely have a headache, hangovers are far less regular, and I don't crave sweets or sugary drinks like I used to.  I always have a bottle of water with me, wherever I go, so that makes it super easy to keep up with my water intake.

My circle of friends has grown and become tighter and I've gotten so much closer with my family as well.  Everyone has come together during some hard times and I couldn't be more grateful for my wonderful family and friends.  I also gained a new family member; Rutherford B Hayes, has come into my life, stolen my heart, and I love that little man more than words can express.  He has helped me get through some of the toughest times in the past year.  It's insane to realize how much he has impacted my life.  And it was an honor to become a God-Mother to my cousins little girl, Alina!  We got to see our whole Jacoby side of the family for Monica & Tyler's Wedding this past Summer in Newport Beach.  As we all make transitions into our lives without my Mom, I know that my relationships with those that are important will flourish.  Thank you to those incredible people.

The gals and I made a couple trips to Vegas in the past year, I went back to Wisconsin a few times, and was able to check out some new restaurants here in LA, have more Girl's Nights and Game Nights, and also saw some wonderful theater and shows.  I was inspired and even started writing my own sitcom and am very excited to make progress on that this year.  That is one of my driving forces right now to keep me in LA.  I don't know exactly where I want to go next but I know that I need to give my all in order to feel fulfilled in what I've done here in LA if I do want to move somewhere else.  But I've got at least one more year here in LA and know that it'll only bring more success because I've got dreams, and I'm going to make them happen!

I'm charging into 2017 with a passion and drive that won't be stopped!  Here we go...

No comments:

Post a Comment