Wednesday, March 29, 2017

'Locals Only' Table Read for Popcorn Talk!

Last Friday I went in to Popcorn Talk, a sister network of Afterbuzz TV for a Table Read of the un-produced script, 'Locals Only' by Daniel Hogan.  It's along the lines of 'The O.C.' and 'Friday Night Lights,' and deliciously juicy.  It hits some really honest moments growing up in high school and going through a death, dealing with hormones, popularity, race and more.  It was such an interesting story and episode and I was thrilled to be a part of it!

Everyone was given parts a couple days prior so I was reading as a teenage girl who was abusing prescription pills, a douchey bro-esque surfer, a hard-nosed detective and your typical popular rich girl.  I even had to free-style rap while I was reading as the surfer dude. A first for me and you can find that part around the 42 minute mark if you really want to see it.  We also did a little Q&A after and I found Friday's session really helpful for me in working on my own script as well.  I was already planning a table read but now I know I need someone to read as my character since I can't take notes when I'm reading my own lines!
You can see the episode presented by Popcorn Talk on YouTube right here!  Special thanks to Jeff for bringing me in, Daniel for writing an intriguing script, and the rest of the awesome cast for bringing the story to life.  I just want to know what happens next and I bet you will too if you check out the read :)

No comments:

Post a Comment