Friday, April 14, 2017

March Karaoke

Who else feels like they're playing catch up right now?  I can't believe St. Patrick's Day was almost a month ago, and I started working on my taxes at the end of March.  I finished them last night and we're already almost half-way through April!  Where does the time go?!  Well, with five Wednesday's in March, that means five nights of Karaoke!

Pat Benatar - 'Heartbreaker'
The Band Perry - 'Better Dig Two'

TLC - 'No Scrubs'
Sara Bareilles - 'Gravity'
Melissa Etheridge - 'I'm the Only One'

Pat Benatar - 'Hit Me with Your Best Shot'
The Cardigans - 'Love Fool'
The Supremes - Baby Love'
Pat Benatar - 'Shadows of the Night'
3 Doors Down - 'Here Without You'
N'SYNC - 'Gone'

3 Doors Down - 'When I'm Gone'
Whitney Houston - 'Saving All My Love For You'
Sara Bareilles - 'Come Round Soon'
Stevie Nicks & Tom Petty - 'Stop Draggin' My Heart Around' 

I took a break one week to rest my voice but got some new songs in each week.  I took it easy the first week and my new song was by The Band Perry, 'Better Dig Two.'  It's a fun country song and since we've got some new music, thanks to one of the regulars, I've been able to try some cool songs.  Went into the 90's for the following week with 'No Scrubs' by TLC.  Super fun to sing and I also sang 'Gravity' by Sara Bareilles, which is one of my all-time favorite songs.  The next week I also stuck to the 90's and did 'Love Fool' by The Cardigans.  Khad actually sings it sometimes and I think I know why, because I'll be singing it again too!  I also sang a few songs as audition prep for a musical I was auditioning for later that week!  (I booked it, more on that in another blog!)  The last week in March I also sang a song from my audition, my Whitney song, but my new one was Sara Bareilles, 'Come Round Soon.'  It's one of those powerful female driven songs, slightly cheeky, but right in my range and I loved doing it!  I've been wanting to do my take on that song for years :)

Rotations were full the last month and it was quite busy.  It usually slows down in April because of Tax Season (as I've been experiencing at both Gabe's & Irish Times) but it will pick back up by the end of the month!  Stop on into Gabe's on a Wednesday night when I'm Hosting and check out the Karaoke fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment