Saturday, November 3, 2012

Alzheimer's Walk...Donations Please :)

I'm walking for Alzheimer's on Sunday in Los Angeles and I'm also raising money and awareness for this cause in hopes that we can find a cure!  If you'd like to Donate to the Alzheimer's Association please click on the link below and know that any donation helps and is greatly appreciated :)

Here's my story:
The Tiny Ones
Hey Everyone,
My Grandma, Angie, died from Alzheimer's just over 7 years ago.  She was an amazing woman, loved by everyone she met, and could always make people smile.
When I was younger, I was a pretty small little girl, so she would call me her 'Tiny One.'  As I was growing up and in school, when we'd attend Church, she'd be at the Kids Mass, and would always give me a big hug and call me her Tiny One.  Some of the kids started to make fun of my nickname, and I'd get nervous and tell her not to call me that around them, but then something made me say to her, 'I don't care, you can call me your Tiny One anytime you want.'  About 10 years later, even when she was being taken care of and in an Alzheimer's Facility, she still remembered me, even when her memory was failing, she would always call me her 'Tiny One.'  Eventually, she wasn't able to communicate vocally anymore, but we saw it in her eyes when she'd recognize us.
Grandma, I miss you every day and think of you very often.  Every time I see 'The Price is Right,' or make Eggs with Cheese, see Crueller's in a Donut Shop, or watch a chef on a cooking show use Rhubarb, or sing Christmas Carols and Church songs that we'd sing together, it reminds me of you.  And I will always be proud to be your Tiny One.
By walking for my Grandma, I'm raising awareness and funds for Alzheimer's research, care and support.  Currently, more than 5 million American's have Alzheimer's and that number is expected to grow.  Please help support this great cause, even if it's just a couple dollars, every little bit helps.  Your donations to help the Alzheimer's Association advance research into prevention, treatments and a cure for Alzheimer's.
Thank you for taking the time to read my story and I appreciate any help you can give :)
Love,
Lyndsey 'Tiny One'
If you'd like to join my team and walk with me, please let me know!  Having the support of family and friends is the greatest gift anyone can recieve!

Again...here's that link and thank you :)  Have a wonderful weekend and don't forget to turn those clocks back one hour tonight!

No comments:

Post a Comment