Thursday, November 29, 2012

Celebratory Karaoke

What a fun Wednesday Night Karaoke at Gabe's last night!  I walked into a busy bar thanks to the Clipper's game but I knew everyone wasn't there for Karaoke but I also knew it was Lee's Birthday so that meant more people and lots of fun!

We got started around 9:30 pm because I wanted to make sure Lee got to sing a bunch because it was his Birthday and he had to leave around Midnight so Lee opened the night with Billy Joel's 'Just the Way You Are' while we got some ladies singing 'Goodbye Earl' and 'Proud Mary' bringing out their slick dance moves.  Art tried a new song singing 'Brown Eyed Girl' while Marty showed up and his new song for the night was Bon Jovi's 'Blaze of Glory.'  Lee's next song was 'That's Life' by Frank Sinatra and then he sang 'Something Like That' by Tim McGraw because it's one of my favorite songs to hear him sing!  Judy not only brought her lovely voice but also cupcakes and cake for Lee's Birthday which was so sweet!  Her first song of the night was Nancy Sinatra's 'These Boots are Made for Walking.'  Marcus vamped it up doing Meatloaf's 'Two out of Three Ain't Bad' while Bob sang the Rolling Stones 'Jumpin' Jack Flash' and CC rocked out to Jefferson Airplane's hit 'Somebody to Love.'  As the bar filled up for Lee's Birthday we got another round of songs going and I sang 'You Know I'm No Good' by Amy Winehouse which I haven't sang in a while.  Marty sang another new song for the night doing 'I'll Be' by Edwin McCain to which Jamie came in after a long work-shift and sang 'On My Own' like she should have been playing Eponine in "Les Miserables."  Jamie also brought me wonderful drops of happiness called Bacon Cheddar Biscuits from Post in Manhattan Beach and I about dropped down in the corner with my excitement of the delicious treat!

Next up it was Birthday Cake and singing for Lee's Birthday from everyone in the bar which started a round of Duets.  He and Judy sang 'Bye Bye Love' by the Everly Brothers and that reminded me how much I really enjoy that song!  One guy who had never sang Karaoke before sang a Jon Secada song and did really well, impressive for a first-timer!  My new song of the night was Bryan Adam's 'Everything I Do, I Do it For You' since I just watched the "Robin Hood" with Kevin Costner.  It's one of my favorite movies!  I'll definitely sing the song again but raise the key for me, it's rare when a song is too low for me, but considering it's a guys song, that would make sense.  Next up was Marty singing 'More Than Words' and Jamie singing Alicia Keys while Judy did a great version of 'Walkin' After Midnight' originally sang by Patsy Cline.  Bob and Marcus did a duet before the night was over and as I said, the Duet's had begun because Marcus and I did 'Cruisin' which was awesome!  We hit all the harmonies and I love singing that song though it's never the same without my bestie, Mike Weiss.  Since it was a night of celebrations and dancing I sang 'Love You Like a Love Song' by Selena Gomez which was my new song last week; it's a little guilty pleasure!  Jamie and Marty closed out the night with plenty of applause after singing 'A Whole New World' from "Aladdin."

With so much great food, Birthday cake and Biscuits...lots to celebrate, Birthday's and Friends, it was an awesome night of Karaoke!  Bring it on next week :)

No comments:

Post a Comment