Tuesday, July 30, 2013

Punta Cana! Part 3.

I couldn't believe the trip was almost over and we only had a couple more days in Punta Cana.  After getting sick on Wednesday night after Dinner at the French Restaurant, though I don't believe it was from the food but rather the ice in my Orange Soda, I was more determined to spend time by the pool and get in as many activities as possible.  Unfortunately, my drinking had pretty much commenced, and I stuck with lots of water and perhaps a glass of wine at Dinner or Chunky Monkey by the Pool.

Turtle Head
We stayed by the beach longer than normal on our last full day there, swimming in the water, I took my last dance class (each day was different, so I learned Salsa, Merengue, and Bachata), and read my book underneath an umbrella.  We made our way to the swimming pool that afternoon and all of us had water races, took pictures underwater, and basked in the sun while we floated in the pool.  That night we all went off and did some shopping.  Mom was looking for some jewelry so we bartered with the guy to give us a good deal and she found a bracelet she liked.  I found these super cute little Turtle guys, but there wasn't much else I really liked, so I picked up my painted Turtle and a Punta Cana shot glass for Emily and I's apartment and then met up with everyone and we all played 'Catchphrase' on our last night before we had Dinner.
Last day of Dance Lessons, Bachata Bachata!
That night we ate at the Italian Restaurant and I was able to order a dish similar to Fettucine Alfredo (at this point, I was missing normal food) although I tried all the fun sushi appetizers and gazpacho's they had including watermelon, cucumber, and even beet that was delicious.  But my favorite part of that meal was the giant wheel of fresh Parmesan cheese you had to scrape to get out!  I put cheese on everything I could, from my salad, to my crackers, to my pasta, to my sushi, to my gazpacho soups, and anything else.  After getting sick on Wednesday I stuck with a lot of fruits and veggies too, not eating anything too heavy because I didn't want to worry about not getting to enjoy the rest of the vacation.  Since I've been back in LA I've really been missing the fresh pineapple, mango, and watermelon!!
Mom & I before Dinner :)
We stayed down by the Lobby as long as we could, drinking and playing games and then finally made our way up to the room where a few of us had ordered room service and played Trivial Pursuit one more time before we would head back to the States that following afternoon.

The next morning we all went to Breakfast together, toasting with our Mimosa's to a wonderful vacation.  After packing up my suitcase (rolling clothes was the most genius trick ever) I tried to order a drink at the Lobby Bar since it had Sambuca in it but it was too strong so I stuck with one of my standbys, a Tanqueray & Sprite, which was refreshing, while we waited for our shuttle to take us to the airport.  We got to say our goodbye's to everyone, and get some snacks until our plane arrived and then as we made our way to the tarmac and boarded our plane, it was a bittersweet goodbye to the Dominican Republic.
Our Trip to Punta Cana in the Dominican Republic!
All in all, the best part of the vacation was having fun in the sun, getting to order these tropical drinks and spend time with my family while trying new foods.  All that aside, we've traveled to different cities in Mexico on 3 different occasions, and I can't speak for anyone else, but I'd take a trip back to Mexico before I'd head back to the Dominican Republic.  And I'd much rather spend family time with cocktails and games right in good ol' Plymouth Wisconsin because when it comes down to it, it's not where you are, it's who you're with, and I'm pretty lucky to have such an awesome family :)  Thank you to the Wegner's & Wittkopp's for an excellent trip!

No comments:

Post a Comment