Thursday, October 17, 2013

Audition & Karaoke

It's been a while since I had a Print Audition so I was very excited when I got a call from my Management Team that I had an Audition I could go to, but only if I wanted to attend.  Of course, I wanted to go to it; I remembered submitting for it a couple days earlier.

The confident cheerful gal!
The Audition was in Hollywood and for Reebok.  It wasn't your typical sporting Audition and I thought it would be more personable since the description had been so in-depth.  They wanted confidence, a life of the party, feminine but sporty girl, who was the center of attention.  In fact, we were told to wear a skirt or form-fitting clothes so they could see our bodies, and suggested heels, not tennis shoes.  When I got to the Audition Room we had a beautiful view of the Hollywood Hills and The Hollywood Sign.  You know you're in LA when...  The Casting went pretty quickly, aside from engaging a male model/actor who could barely get out a complete sentence.  I shouldn't have engaged but when he mentioned the Midwest, I couldn't help myself.  Lesson for next time:  Don't talk to anyone with a 'Homiez' hat in a floral print.  During the Audition, I expected a quick interview and then a few photos to see our body and legs but as soon as I got to the room, they had me take 4 photos from different angles and then said thank you.  It was in and out in about 30 seconds. 

As I had waited my turn, most of the girls were blonde and close to 5"10 so I knew it was going to be a long-shot for me booking it since they were probably looking for height.  I was still grateful to be called in and getting the Audition in hopes when something else comes up, I get called in again or they remember me.  It was another experience under my belt and a chance to be seen and that's all I can ask for!

This weeks Karaoke selection was a wide variety of songs since it was pretty slow so I sang some requests throughout the night.  My opener was 'Sweet Dreams' by The Eurythmics and I might have to retire it because it's such a long song and so repetitive.  I definitely prefer 'Here Comes The Rain Again' over that song.  Next I sang 'Time After Time' by Cyndi Lauper for Marcus and we later sang 'Stop Dragging My Heart Around' which is one of my favorite duets to sing and has such great lyrics, thanks to Tom Petty and Stevie Nicks!  I changed it up with a little Nirvana doing 'Heart-Shaped Box' which I haven't sang in a while.  Art has been asking me to sing Michael Jackson again for weeks so I did 'The Way You Make Me Feel' for him and once again had a blast with it.  That's definitely a new favorite of mine.  Next up were my new songs of the night, starting with 'Like A Boy' by Ciara which I definitely need to do some more practice on, especially if I'm going to be dancing to it at a future Karaoke evening.  I'm still proud of my effort but needed a redeeming new song so McCracken and I sang 'Whiskey Lullaby' which was new for both of us and went awesome!  He had a couple friends come in and his girl friend sang some Jewel so I followed suit with 'Don't' and then she sang a song from Pocahontas and they requested I do 'I Dreamed A Dream' from "Les Mis" and both of my final songs of the night were ones I really enjoy singing and everyone at the bar liked as well!

It was a Karaoke night full of songs since it was slow but I know in two weeks when we have our Annual Halloween & Costume Contest Karaoke Night at Gabe's it's going to be busy, so next week will be another rehearsal before the big night!

No comments:

Post a Comment