Tuesday, October 8, 2013

Fantasy Football Week 5 Recap and Projections for Week 6

I won my Fantasy Football Match-Up for the 3rd week in a row this past week and I'm looking for another win this week against the Westside Dukes.  I brought back Aaron Rodgers into my QB starting position after a Week 4 bye and benching my big Week 4 pick-up, Phillip Rivers.  Even though Rivers out-scored in Fantasy points my heart lies with Rodgers.  I also benched my Packers Defense for the Cincinnati Bengal Defense getting 20 points from them vs 17 points from The Pack.  Even with the low-scoring players on my team, Cruz and Thompkins, I still won my Match-Up by almost 40 points!
My Week 5 Match-Up
You may want to pick up Nick Foles this week since Philadelphia is dealing with an injured Michael Vick, and Foles usually puts up some TD's.  Greg Jennings had a huge game two weeks ago and coming off his bye may have another big week since Ponder is still out and Matt Cassel and Jennings seem to have good chemistry.  The Bronco's Ronnie Hillman had a great game with 70 yards and a TD last week and he may be seeing more touches than Knowshon Moreno.  Charles Clay, the TE for the Dolphins has had a couple good weeks and if he keeps it up would be a great pick-up since he's averaging higher point totals than Owen Daniels, Jermichael Finley, and Greg Olsen.

This week I'm looking at playing Dwayne Bowe over Thompkins and it's honestly a toss-up between my Defenses since the Falcons are 1-4 and the Bills are 2-3.  It seems as though my #1 Draft Pick, Arian Foster, has gotten his mojo back and after coming off a huge week 2 weeks ago and a solid week this week; I'm hoping he'll continue to shine!

Feel free to comment or let me know about your Fantasy Football team; who you picked up that had a monster game or who you played that was a bust (like Thompkins for me this week).  Good luck and keep an eye out for the Bye Week Players on your starting line-up and find some good replacement players on your bench or the Waiver Wire :)

No comments:

Post a Comment