Tuesday, December 17, 2013

Fantasy Football Play-Off Week 15 and Semi-Final for Week 16

I had a great Play-Off game this week but it was close for a while!  The Cowboy Monkey's started off strong for their Thursday Night Game and on Sunday morning we were still neck in neck, thankfully a strong performance by DeMarco Murray, Rashad Jennings, Nick Foles, and Vernon Davis brought me a win, even though my Cincinnatti Defense was bordering on another week with negative points.  In typical fashion, my WR's couldn't get anything together, and that was partially due to horrible play by Eli Manning, as well as a continued disconnect for Riley Cooper with Foles.  My pick-up of Cordarelle Patterson was a smart one as he got me 11 points!  *I do know what I'm talking about!*  I beat my projected points by 14 and am going to need another big week in order to beat my nemesis, Ditka's Dawgs.
My Week 15 Play-Off Match-Up
I lost Victor Cruz for this week due to a concussion and knee injury (not that he's been that much help in the past month) and with Detroit's Defense giving up the 3rd most Fantasy points to WR's I'm considering playing Rueben Randle even though he was catch-less this past game.  He should be starting this week with Cruz out but it's still a risky play.  I could use another WR in place of him or Cooper, and Rod Streater continues to be on the radar since his bro-mance with McGloin has been on par since Week 11.  He's over-shadowing Denarius Moore and has become the go-to guy!  I've also mentioned Emmanuel Sanders before, and he had a 3 TD streak going up until last week but should be back on track for his game against the Packers this weekend, even if I don't want to admit that.

With the incredible game that Foles brought last week I couldn't bench him even if Rodgers was coming back this week.  I love my Packer's QB but coming off an injury and not playing for the past 6 weeks is too risky to start him.  I've got Murray and Jennings starting at RB and moved Patterson up to my WR1 spot with Davis at TE.  I might look at some other Defenses this week since Cincinnati has been having some trouble as of lately but that's not something I'm completely worried about.

This week's semi-final is going to be a challenging one as I haven't won any match-ups against The Dawg's but that doesn't matter, because it just comes down to this game.  I'm still in 3rd place, playing the 2nd place team, while Travel Belly is still in first playing the 5th place Count Drunkula team.  There were a lot of close match-ups this week but for the most part, the best teams have prevailed and if I can out-wit my good week vs bad week for the past 6 games I can win this game with hitting past my projections and rooting on the good guys of Elle Dubbs Dudes!  To top it all off, my Packers have won their last two games in a row and can still make the play-offs so good vibes to them this week against the Pittsburgh Steeler's :)

No comments:

Post a Comment