Tuesday, December 10, 2013

Song-Filled Wednesday's at Karaoke

As the busy holiday season is upon everyone, the Christmas parties and shopping begin, Bartending has kept my schedule full.  While rehearsals for my play are over we've got our performances every Saturday for the next four weeks and my Mom just headed back to Wisconsin after spending a few days here in LA with me.  It's time to catch up on some blogs and what's been happening so here's what's been going on at Karaoke the past couple weeks.

Two weeks ago we had a busy night of Karaoke and after singing 'I Wanna Be With You' by Mandy Moore and 'Dreaming Of You' by Selena I started a theme by singing songs with the word 'You' in them.  I hadn't sang the Mandy Moore song in a couple months since I first tried it at a Saturday night Karaoke excursion so it was time to try it again.  I sang the Selena song because Jackie likes to sing Spanish songs and that one has some Spanish lyrics throughout the song.  My new song of the night was The Supremes 'You Can't Hurry Love' which was fun but needs a little work since I don't know the timing of the song.  The words and notes were fine but I just need to practice it and actually listen to it since I haven't thought about doing that as a new song for months.  My last song of the night was 'Love Will Lead You Back' by Taylor Dayne which I hadn't sang since earlier in the Summer and a fun song to bring back.  I love my late 80's and early 90's music :)

Last week I opened with 'Special' by Garbage that I hadn't sang in a while and added that to my History and on the next round everyone sang Country music so I did 'Any Man Of Mine' by Shania Twain.  McCracken had been practicing 'Another Day' from "Rent" all week so we sang that and it went awesome!  I can't remember the last time I sang 'Baby Love' at Karaoke so I sang that next which was the song I sang for my 'Babes In Toyland' Audition so that was a sweet reminder of the play.  McCracken did an incredible version of 'O Holy Night' which is one of my favorite Christmas songs; in fact, he sang it better than Josh Groban!  My new song of the night was 'One & Only' by Adele which I've been nervous to sing since I learned it a year ago but everyone seemed to like it and I felt good about it as well!  I'll be excited to sing it again.  My closing song of the night was Fiona Apple's 'Criminal,' which is now a fun little guilty pleasure.

We've got one more week of Karaoke before we do Christmas-Themed Karaoke on December 18th...so get your 'Jingle Bells' ready!  HO HO HO!

No comments:

Post a Comment