Saturday, March 15, 2014

An Arizona Wedding :)

Over Valentine's Day weekend I headed to Phoenix, Arizona, for my friend, Brad's brother's Wedding.  Todd and Carley were getting married on February 15th, and while it was my first time meeting Carley, I've known Todd for a few years from him visiting Los Angeles.  Plus, Carley's family is from Wisconsin and had a bunch of Wisconsinite's coming to Phoenix for the Wedding so I was looking forward to a fun-filled weekend!

Pizookie!!
I got in on Thursday and that was the night of the Wedding Rehearsal and Dinner.  Brad's parents were having it at this beautiful resort and the meal was just incredible.  Thankfully Brad's Dad, gave me the head's up on the giant cookie that was made to order and arrived in a deep dish pan with ice cream melting on top.  Absolutely amazing!!  

On Friday morning we went hiking in the mountains and got in a good work-out while enjoying the beautiful 80 degree day!  Brad was searching for rattlesnakes and we Go-Pro'd most of the hike but the only wild life we saw was a Jack Rabbit running along one of the mountains.  That night we went over to Carley's family's house where they were having a get-together so everyone had a chance to get to know one another.  A friend of mine, Ned, from college at Winona State University was actually there because he's been friends with her family for years!  I was just happy to get to hold some babies and chat with people from Wisconsin on top of eating more great food :)
Hiking in Phoenix!

Saturday was the Wedding and it was the perfect day for an outdoor Wedding at the Secret Garden Event Center.  The ceremony was beautiful and it wouldn't have been complete without some antics from Brad, offering a shot of Jameson from his flask to the Bride and Groom before handing over the rings.  Everyone loved it!  After that it was cocktail hour and we all made our way into the reception for Dinner and dancing.  They did a scavenger hunt before Dinner got started to see who would get to hit the buffet line first and I ended up being the one chosen to win it for our table.  Unfortunately, it was me against a woman from Wisconsin and I had my hands on that salt shaker but she wasn't going down without a fight and literally threw me around and I was far too worried about falling out of my dress to fight back.  It was all in good fun.  Dinner was yummy and then it was time for dancing and the usual Wedding songs that get every one up and moving.  I was sitting with a few of Todd, Brad, and Carley's friends, so it was nice to catch up with all of them!  After the Sparkler exit for the Newlyweds, Joyce, Mike, Brad and I went out in downtown Phoenix for a few drinks and I think we were all so exhausted it was nice to call it an early night before bar close.
Brad, me, Carley & Todd at their Wedding...Congratulations!!
On Sunday morning, we met up with some of the Wedding Party & Newlyweds as Brad's parent's took us out for our favorite breakfast at Waffle House!  Thanks to Harry & Nancy for letting me stay with them that weekend and taking such great care of me :)  I flew back to LA that afternoon and it was a really nice break from the hustle and bustle here at home.  Plus, the weather was so gorgeous and it was nice to see some friends and spend time with people who remind me of home in Wisconsin. 
Carley & Todd's Wedding brought a WSU Reunion for Ned and I!  Just a little bit of home makes me happy :)

No comments:

Post a Comment