Tuesday, September 30, 2014

September Karaoke

I can't believe September is hours away from being over which means a wrap-up from the past month of Karaoke songs and knowing that 2014 will only last a couple more months!  Where has the time gone?!  I'm hoping this new Karaoke format simplifies my blog and it's certainly much easier for me to just cover everything in one blog versus four or five blogs.  Here are this month's songs!

Week 1:
Cheap Trick "I Want You to Want Me"
Jewel "Foolish Games"
Edwin McCain "I'll Be"
Kid Rock & Sheryl Crow "Picture"
The Little Mermaid "Part of Your World"

Week 2:
Garbage "Special"
Eric Clapton "Layla"
Jewel "Don't"
Madonna "Lucky Star"
Gun's & Roses "November Rain"

Week 3:
Fleetwood Mac "Don't Stop"
The Beatles "Oh Darlin'"
No Doubt "Don't Speak"
Elton John "Your Song"
Les Miserables "I Dreamed a Dream" 
The Toadies "Possum Kingdom"

Week 4:
Selena "Dreaming of You"
Natalie & Nat King Cole "Unforgettable"
Whitney Houston "I Wanna Dance With Somebody"
Oasis "Wonderwall"
Human League "Don't You Want Me Baby"

Comparing this month to last month I only repeated three songs ("Don't," "November Rain," & "Layla") so I'm really proud of that.  My new songs were once again all over the board and I covered three decades.  Next time I do "Your Song" I may try the 'Moulin Rouge' version since it's a little different and more updated than the amazing original.  My two favorite new songs were "I'll Be" which was right in my range and singing "Wonderwall" which is a crowd favorite made that a lot of fun.  I had sang "Lucky Star" when my family was visiting and was my Mom's choice so it was nice to get to do that for her!
Karaoke is always an amazing time when these incredible ladies, Jamie & Carolyn, show up!
I'm looking forward to this month of Karaoke to see if I can continue with more new music, just a few repeats and favorites, and getting more friends to check out Gabe's on a Wednesday night!

No comments:

Post a Comment