Monday, September 22, 2014

Mom & Dad's September Visit to LA! Part 1.

My parent's came to visit me in Los Angeles for a week and just left last week Wednesday.  We're always kept so busy when they're hanging out with me here in LA, and this week was no different!

We made it to Carmel!
They flew in on Wednesday and came to Karaoke with me that night, so it was nice to have them there and see me doing my thing while Hosting Karaoke.  Then on Thursday they were able to head down to Long Beach/San Pedro to check out the USS Iowa Battleship and take a tour before I had to work at Irish Times that afternoon.  My Mom always loves to help me set the bar up so we got the bar ready for business and they relaxed while tasting some of our new beers.  No Irish Times visit would be complete without some traditional Irish fare, plus it was Thursday night Football!  That night we grabbed some Yogurtland on the way home and then had a little Game Night before getting to bed since we had an early morning that next day.

We drove to Carmel on Friday to spend the next two days with my cousin Sean, who is currently living there with his wife, Amanda and two children while he and Amanda learn Japanese since they'll be stationed in Japan come next year.  Little Olivia who is six is also taking Japanese classes, is one of the smartest little girls I've ever met, and her younger sister, Dru is four, and so adorable!  I could not get enough of them all weekend!

On Saturday Mom, Dad, Sean, Dru, and I went for a hike at Point Lobos.  It was so beautiful and scenic.  Once you hiked through the woods you got to the waterline and cliffs and it was just such an insane view.  The weather was perfect and we even got to see seals!  The hike was fun and after grabbing Lunch we went to this huge park where we played with the girls, once Olivia joined us, and spent the afternoon on the swing sets, slides and monkey bars.  If the hike hadn't tired us out, this certainly did ;)
Hiking at Point Lobos with Dru :)
That night we went to Dinner at Mission Ranch, which is where my Mom, Dad, and I went to about a year and a half ago when they were visiting.  There was no Clint Eastwood sighting that night, because it was a weekend night, pretty busy, and there was also a Wedding going on.  The girls loved the sheep out in the field and were so patient during Dinner.  The food was awesome and I got the Shrimp Fettucine since I knew once Mom and Dad headed back to LA with me, I was surprising them on Tuesday with a nice Dinner so I was saving the steak for that night!  It was a really good meal and awesome to get to spend some time with Sean and Amanda as well as see a little more of Carmel and Monterey. 
Dinner & Drinks at Mission Ranch in Carmel with Mom & Dad!
We all went to Church together on Sunday morning and after all the hugs goodbye, Mom, Dad, and I were on our way to Solvang to do some Wine Tasting!  More on Mom & Dad's visit in Part 2!

No comments:

Post a Comment