Friday, November 7, 2014

Halloween Karaoke at Gabe's!

Too much fun singing
Sonny & Cher
In typical Halloween Week fashion, I Host Karaoke at Gabe's and people get dressed up and sing songs in character or just join in the festivities and wear costumes.  I do suggest dressing up as a musician, singer, musical group, or band, but all costumes are welcome.  It's always a fun night and although we normally do the Halloween Costume Contest on Wednesday, they saved it for Saturday this year because Gabe's had a band on Friday night of Halloween.  It still ended up being a really busy night of great music!
Rita Hayworth & Cher

Jamie and I got ready together and I was dressing up as Cher and she went as Rita Hayworth.  I sang all Cher songs including two duets, 'I Got You Babe' with her friend, Brad, who was dressed as Obi Wan Kenobi, and also a new song, 'After All' with Marcus (originally sang by Cher & Peter Cetera).  Jamie sang a lot of Jazz music, starting with some Ella Fitzgerald and a song from "Thoroughly Modern Millie."  She later joined Spark as they sang 'Come What May' from "Moulin Rouge."  Spark had the whole bar dancing to 'Jump in the Line' from "Beetlejuice."

Even though we had a full house of singers, not as many people were in costume this year because Halloween was falling on a Friday.  I had opened the night with 'The Shoop Shoop Song (It's In His Kiss)' and after my initial costume which had a more 70's vibe, I swapped into Cher's "If I Could Turn Back Time" Tour look, except toned down, because Cher is Cher, and you just can't mess with that ;)  I sang 'I Found Someone' and then closed out the night with another new song, 'Just Like Jesse James' which brought some true emotion because the lyrics are awesome!

It was a really fun night with good friends and always sets the fun factor for the Halloween week to come!  It was another successful Halloween Karaoke in the books!

No comments:

Post a Comment