Saturday, November 29, 2014

Thenardier's Inn - A Les Miserables Cabaret

I've been doing Theater here in LA for the past year and working with Creating Arts Company that produces Children's Theater year-round as well as Princess Shows, parties and events, and TV appearances.  We just started a new division, Creating Arts Studios, where we do Adult Shows and we just finished our three-week run of "Thenardier's Inn - A Les Miserables Cabaret" last weekend and it was absolutely spectacular!

Originally we were doing one weekend but got extended for another two weeks since we had sold-out our first show so quickly and the buzz around it was so big with the LA Critic's and Times among other outlets showing major interest.  Before our last weekend (we literally sold-out every show) we all found out that we are getting a four-week extension starting Friday January 23rd through Saturday February 14th!  I'm so proud of the hard-work that everyone has put in through this journey and the product is just incredible.
Opening night of 'Thenardier's Inn' with the Lovely Ladies & Mistress of the House
The content is classic yet original, basically everything you're thinking during 'Les Mis' we're saying during the show.  So there's dramatic-sweeping music and moments, emotional heart-felt songs and quotes, and pure comedy as well.  Did I mention that we serve alcohol throughout the show?  That includes complimentary wine from the Mistress of the House or from the Lovely Ladies during 'Master of the House' as well as a free cocktail for those dressed in French Revolutionary costumes.  I've seen the show numerous times now and I still get teary-eyed during certain songs, and laugh out-loud thanks to the writing and directing of Nick Rubando, who also plays Enjolras, and director Lee Marshall, who plays Javert.  Along with the fabulous improv of our entire cast bringing all the characters to life in this immersive theater experience.
Javert and I sneaking around...

I'm playing a Lovely Lady, and all the Lovely Ladies basically spend the entire show on-stage, flirting with patrons, serving cocktails and drinking with the guests.  Our cast packs a punch, tells a saucy tale, and the group numbers are sure to impress with our small 15 member talented cast.  One of my favorite parts of being a Lovely Lady is the costuming, hair and make-up involved.  It's wild, crazy, and totally different than anything I could wear in my daily life so it's fun to play and get dressed up for the show!

Everyone I've invited has been so happy and impressed by the show.  I can try to explain it to people but it just doesn't do the show justice, you have to see it, to really be a part of it!  There's no disappointment, only laughter, love and tears, for how awesome the show is.  Thank you to Bob, Cathleen, Joe & Kevin from Gabe's, John and Tatjana from Irish Times, Jamie & Spark, Ben, Kalissa & Chelsea, my Mom for coming all the way from Wisconsin to see me close "Sleeping Beauty" and open this show, and all of our super duper CAC members who've come to support and check out this life-changing show!  I'm so grateful and happy to be a part of something that makes me realize each and every performance that this is what I'm meant to be doing and exactly where I need to be.  I'm so proud of our talented cast and crew, Shannon and Todd, who keep our spirits alive and growing, and those that support us in this crazy career.  Every show is magic and as I said during intermission of our first show, I want to do this every day for the rest of my life.
Successful show now let's celebrate!!
To get tickets to this amazing show check out: http://www.cacstudios.com/lesmis/  I look forward to serving you a drink and a kiss on your cheek ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment