Monday, November 17, 2014

Mom's Visit to LA in November!

My Mom wanted to be able to see me in 'Thénardiers Inn - A Les Misérables Cabaret,' and the weekend it opened was the same weekend than 'Sleeping Beauty' closed.  So she decided to come for a few days to catch my performances in both and spend a little time with me before I go home for Christmas in December!
Mom with her 'Lovely Lady'

I picked her up from the airport on Saturday after 'Sleeping Beauty' finished and after grabbing a bite to eat it was time to get ready for 'Les Mis.'  I play a Lovely Lady and Mom ended up loving it!  I was worried because it's a little risque but she really enjoyed it.  She had made a joke a week before saying "as long as I wasn't swearing, playing a butch lesbian or giving birth on-stage again," like I did in 'The Most Fabulous Story Ever Told' she could handle it.  She was happy to see some of our other CAC members in the show and meet some of my new friends.  After the show we stopped by Gabe's to see Aimee and sing a little Karaoke.  She had wanted to hear me sing 'On My Own' and 'Just Like Jesse James' :)

On Sunday I was playing Maleficent in 'Sleeping Beauty' and the kids that day were quite rambunctious.  In fact, at one point after hearing nearly every cast mate tell the kids to quiet down so they could tell the rest of the story, I came on-stage to say my lines, and this boy who was a non-stop talker continued to talk over me.  I literally turned and 'shushed' him and gave him an evil Maleficent look.  I could hear my Mom laugh out-loud along with all the other parents and some of the kids.  Later on, I mentioned how talkative he was and asked what he thought of my dress, and he stared blankly at me.  I think it might have been the first time someone told him no; guess I taught him a little lesson...oops!  It certainly didn't stop any of the other kids from coming up to me at the end of the show to hug me and ask for pictures.  Thankfully, I'm Maleficent, so I can play on that scary side a little bit!  Once again, Mom enjoyed the children's show and commented on how different both shows were and how I had changed my look so drastically between the two.  I love being able to adapt to new characters as an actress!
I was able to get Mom to work-out with me for a couple of days and we took our normal walks around the neighborhood, one day having a glass of Sparking Moscato to celebrate because, it's 5 o'clock somewhere!  It was awesome to watch the Packer Game together on Sunday and on Monday we made Dinner together and watched 'Maleficent.'  She liked the movie and even got teary-eyed at the end.  I loved being able to see the movie again and only wish I could have seen it right before I started 'Sleeping Beauty' because it was great research for the role since Angelina Jolie did such an incredible job.  Mom also made this Texas Caviar Salsa that was awesome; it's so good I'm surprised I still have some left over from the giant bowl it made!

On our last night together I took Mom to the Culver Hotel for some Happy Hour cocktails and Dinner.  I've been there before but never got to try the food aside from the the Chocolate Lava Cake so this time it was a must to check out the menu.  The live Jazz started at 7:30 pm so we were able to get in some great music, yummy cocktails, and food as well.  I had Afterbuzz that night for the 200th episode of 'Supernatural' so she came to watch us film the show and see me Host.
Celebrating the 200th Episode "Fan Fiction" of 'Supernatural' at Afterbuzz TV with Bacon Cheeseburgers & Cupcakes!
Once again the few days we had together went way too fast but now it's only just over a month until I head home for Christmas for a nice extended vacation!  Thank you for coming out to spend time with me Mom, see all my shows, and just get some quality time together.  Miss you already and see you soon <3

No comments:

Post a Comment