Wednesday, January 14, 2015

Bestie Time!

The last weekend that I was in Wisconsin I planned a little road trip to Minnesota to see my best friend, Sarah, from College.  I hadn't seen her in at least four years so I was really looking forward to catching up with her and just spending quality time together being nerds like we were at Winona State.  My other best friend, Sarah, from Winona State as well, let's call her my Twin, for non-confusion purposes, was spending the Holidays in South Africa with her husband's family, and I knew I was going to miss seeing her since she wouldn't be in Wisconsin while I was home.  Lucky for me, I saw her post as soon as she got back from South Africa, suggested she make a trip to Wisconsin, and she decided she wanted to see her family as well, so we made plans to have Lunch while I was on my way to St. Paul.

I hadn't seen my Twin in at least nine years, we couldn't believe it had been that long, but it was.  We met in Montello, a small town in Wisconsin where I didn't even get service on my cell phone but the friendly Wisconsin folk allowed me to use their cell phones in order to coordinate a meeting spot and then find a place to grab Lunch.  As the snow started to fall, she pulled into the parking lot and I think we hugged for a full minute straight!  Gosh did I miss this girl!  We decided on this little Diner where all the women working were incredibly cute and asking what we were doing in Wisconsin when we were currently living in California and Florida.  In fact, we spent at least the first hour talking and not even looking at the menu.  How do you catch up on nine years in just one Lunch?!  Well, we ended up shutting the restaurant down before they re-opened for Dinner later, talking for almost four hours.  My Twin is still exactly the same; we might have aged a few years but we didn't miss a beat.  I trust whatever advice she gives me is always out of love and believing in me, she's got a heart of gold, and our bond is really special.
Lunch at Spark's Cafe in Montello, Wisconsin with Sarah!
I got back on the road and made my way to St. Paul, Minnesota and my bestie's perfect home!  Sarah had a new addition to the household, Gemma, a beagle puppy, who I couldn't help but snuggle for the next 48 hours; talk about adorable!  We had Dinner and played catch-up that night but it was the next day when we walked around Minneapolis that I was confused and impressed all at the same time.  Of course, we had Erbert's & Gerbert's for Lunch, my favorite sandwich spot, and walked all around Downtown Minneapolis in the skyways.  Every single building in this metropolis is connected, and as long as you know where you're going, you can get anywhere in the city without having to go outside!  I was blown away.  We had Happy Hour at one of Sarah's spots, Sweeney's, before heading home to freshen up and get ready for a wonderful Italian Dinner at Scusi.  Along with a delicious bottle of wine, we had our fill of fresh amazing pasta!  Everything was so good and we even got this yummy dessert on the house, cheesecake with berries and lemon curd, and it was so good!  We still share the same jokes we did years ago in College and I always remember why this girl means so much to me.  Sarah always has my back, she'll always be honest with me, and have my best interest at heart.
Dinner at Scusi in Downtown St. Paul with Sarah!
I'm so lucky to have these two wonderful women in my life; I only wish that I could be closer to both of them so we don't have to wait this long between visits again!  The best thing about the distance is that they're always a phone call away, and no matter how I'm feeling, just talking to either of them brightens my day.  I hit the jackpot <3

No comments:

Post a Comment