Monday, January 19, 2015

Resolutions for 2015

As we're already a couple weeks into 2015, I figured it was time to settle into my resolutions for this year.  I'm really happy with how I kept up with my resolutions from last year and will bring a couple of those goals into this year as can be seen in my previous blog.  I'm excited to start 2015 with a fresh start and clear outlook!

So, on top of my old resolutions to continue, I've got two more to challenge myself.
1. Do something every day that scares me.
'Clear Eyes, Full Heart, Can't Lose'
I found this really neat book at Urban Outfitters that has 365 challenges that you can fill in throughout the year, or you can create your own.  Sometimes it's easy to follow, I'm at a restaurant I love and instead of ordering my old stand-by, I get something new that I wouldn't normally try.  In Minneapolis I went up to a guy in a bar (he looked just like the lead singer from Lady Antebellum) gathering courage and support from my best friend and her friend, and gave him my number on a bar coaster.  I ended up having a 10 minute conversation with him and his friends and he actually texted me later that night.  I clearly live in LA and he's from Wisconsin, so the likelihood that anything would ever happen is slim, but trust me, that scared the sh*t out of me!  But life is about taking chances and creating memories, and if you try new things that scare you, you may actually find out that you like it.

2. Be more patient and polite with Customer Service representatives and bar patrons.
It's super easy to get irritated with drunk people at the bar, or Time Warner Cable, when the cable bill goes up $50, etc.  Instead of getting frustrated and either walking away and ignoring these yahoo's at the bar, or venting my anger to the representative, I will choose to leave people better than before I spoke to them or met them.  Everyone has a bad day (me too) but as I always try to see the best in people, I need to find the best in me during those demanding moments, and give my patience instead.  I'm already looking forward to this one...there's always room to be a better person!  Always.

I really learned a lot in 2014 and feel like a stronger person because of it and I'm looking forward to everything that 2015 will bring with a new more positive outlook!  It's really refreshing to experience life when your mind and heart is clear and open <3

2 comments:

  1. I love these!! I need that book, will have to look into getting it!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I originally used it as a guideline but luckily I've been able to come up with someone that scares me nearly every day so I haven't used it as much as I would like to. I'm thinking it might be more logical to pick a couple from the book to do every week or at least a few in the month. Anyway, it's been a fun resolution so far and you should definitely check it out :) Thanks for your comment, Emily!!

      Delete