Saturday, January 17, 2015

Last year's Resolutions completed!

I'm really proud that I was able to complete and work on my resolutions from 2014.  I'll definitely continue working on these in 2015 and add some new ones as well.

Goodbye 2014...you've taught me a lot...
Last year I really wanted to try new restaurants and happy hour's at least once a month and totally kept true to that.  It opened my eyes to new food and drinks as well as experiences.  From The Culver Hotel, Cafe Laurent, Gladstone's in Malibu, The Blind Barber, Mastro's in Beverly Hills, La Vecchia, Public School 310, Alibi Room, C&M Cafe, and BOA in Santa Monica, I dined, and I dined well, usually with wonderful company :)  I will definitely keep that resolution and say I want to do that at least twice a month this year.  With Dine LA starting next week, I'll get a couple new places in for sure, and since I was in Minnesota the first week this month I had a couple great dinner's with my best friend there as well.

Another resolution from last year was to go out of town more often and try new things.  While I only made it home to Wisconsin once, I made the trip to Minnesota at the start of this year.  I had my first trip to Catalina Island for my Birthday and it was absolutely amazing; so beautiful it didn't even feel like LA.  My family and I made a trip to Carmel to visit my cousin and while hiking we were surrounded by breath-taking scenery.  I also made another trip to Phoenix (I seriously want to move there) and did some hiking in the mountains and got to go to fabulous wedding!  This year I got to spend a lot of time with children through Creating Arts as well as my cousin's kids and I really cherish those moments.  I also saw some incredible concerts and shows this past year, Sara Bareilles, 3 Doors Down, 'Ghost' at The Pantages, and more.  I look forward to more new adventures in 2015!

I've been working on advancing my career in new ways and took some more casting director workshops and also got more involved at Afterbuzz TV working on some new shows.  I also interviewed some great people including Misha Collins at Supernatural Con and made some amazing new friends!  I've done a ton of children's shows with Creating Arts Company including our new adult show, 'Thenardier's Inn - A Les Miserables Cabaret,' and have learned so much working with our awesome company.  I'd really like to start taking some acting classes this year and do more on-camera work and continue to build my reel.  The short film I did this past year was a blast and I also shot a couple commercials for a great company and innovative brand, as well as a music video about stealing a grill.  I will work even harder this year on doing what I love to do.
Hosting at Afterbuzz TV with our Panel for HBO's 'Hard Knocks'
I've been living in LA for nine years and it's been quite the crazy ride, so here's to another year of memories, fun, and insanity!  Happy 2015 everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment