Monday, July 6, 2015

June Karaoke

You never know how the Summer months are going to be at Karaoke; sometimes it's busy because people are visiting LA on vacation so we're getting a bunch of new singers, and other weeks, it's slow and everyone gets to sing a bunch.  My Birthday Week definitely brought more people in but was still low key for me since we had a performance of 'Thenardier's Inn' the following night for the Fringe Festival in Hollywood!

Cyndi Lauper "Time After Time"
Nickelback "How You Remind Me"
Allison Krauss & Brad Paisley "Whiskey Lullaby"
En Vogue "Don't Let Go"
3 Doors Down "When I'm Gone"

Shania Twain "Any Man Of Mine"
Rent "Light My Candle"
Pat Benatar "Love Is A Battlefield"
Fiona Apple "Criminal
Seether "Careless Whisper"
The Supremes "Baby Love"
Destiny's Child "Bootylicious"

Pat Benatar "Promises In The Dark"
Bon Jovi "You Give Love A Bad Name"
Gretchen Wilson "Redneck Woman"
Nirvana "Smells Like Teen Spirit"

Cher "I Found Someone"
Ace Of Base "All That She Wants"
Counting Crows "Mr. Jones"
Ciara "One Two Step"
Rent "Light My Candle"
Madonna "La Isla Bonita"
Adam Lambert "Whattya Want From Me"
The Little Mermaid "Part Of Your World"
Wilson Phillips "Hold On"

I swapped back and forth between new male and female songs each week.  I started June off with the first Nickelback song that was on the radio back in the day, and a little bit of a guilty pleasure to sing.  It had been a year or more since I sang "Whiskey Lullaby," so Tyler and I sang that while Adam joined in the Karaoke festivities and sang some 'Rent' Duets throughout the month to prep him for his performances in 'Chicabarent.'  In Week Two I sang Seether since it had been a while and my new song was Destiny's Child "Bootylicious."  I'm just adding a whole bunch of their songs to my History folder!  We got busy over my Birthday Week at Karaoke and my new song was "Smells Like Teen Spirit" by Nirvana; a fun and challenging song to sing.  The last week in June was so slow, we all sang a ton, and I sang some more music I hadn't sang in a while.  We had a bunch of us in from CAC and my new song was "La Isla Bonita" by Madonna.  I've always loved hearing people sing it, so this was my chance to give my own spin.

More Summer Karaoke is coming at you in July :)  You can join in on the fun at Gabe's when I'm Hosting Karaoke on Wednesday nights starting at 9 pm at 2965 S Sepulveda Blvd, Los Angeles, CA 90025.

No comments:

Post a Comment