Friday, August 7, 2015

July Karaoke

July was a really busy month for Karaoke!  We had one week that was a little bit more quiet but most of the weeks we had lots of singers and lots of songs.  In fact, on the last Wednesday in July, Justin celebrated his Birthday at Gabe's, and he filled the room with friends, all dressed as someone or something with a 'J' theme, and the rotation was so long most people only got to sing once!  That's what I call a party!

*I have now written this blog twice and lost it both times trying to add a photo to it, so unfortunately, since I deleted the songs I sang from my list, I only have the new songs and a few others from the past month.  I guess that's technology for you :)  I'll try to add a photo in later after I've saved and posted it!*

Mandy Moore "Candy"
Ashlee Simpson "Lala"

Alanis Morrisette "Ironic"
The Eagles "Hotel California"
Oasis "Wonderwall"

Spice Girls "Say You Will Be There"
Dishwalla "Counting Blue Cars"
Blues Traveler "The Hook"
Kings of Leon "Sex On Fire"

Pat Benatar "Shadows Of The Night"

Pat Benatar "Treat Me Right"
Joan Jett "I Hate Myself For Loving You"
Joan Jett "Do You Wanna Touch"

Our first week in July was really busy as I only sang a couple songs that night and it was an all female song night for me.  My new one was Ashlee Simpson's "Lala" since I heard someone else sing "Pieces Of Me" also by her.  The following week I sang all 90's music except for my new song, which came from the 70's.  "Hotel California" is a very popular Karaoke song and I really liked singing it; it works well for my voice.  When I was heading to Gabe's that next week I heard Dishwalla's "Counting Blue Cars" and since I rarely hear that at Karaoke I thought I'd try that for my new song that evening.  It's definitely a song I'll sing again!  That night there was also a Spice Girls super-set and I closed with another fun song by Kings of Leon.  Since I had seen the 'Romeo & Juliet: Love Is A Battlefield' at Rockwell Table & Stage the previous Sunday before Karaoke on the 4th week in July I decided to sing "Shadows Of The Night."  I can't believe I hadn't sang that before!  It's such a great song (aside from the chorus repeating three or four times at the end which gets a little repetitive) and I love Pat Benatar!

The last Wednesday of the month was reserved to celebrate Justin's Birthday and there were lots of 'J' themes going on, like Jackelope's, Justin's Jurassic Park, Jasmine, Jewish Grandfather's, Jocks, JFK, the Joker, and more.  I decided to double up and do Joan Jett.  I had to sing my favorite Joan Jett song but my new song was "Do You Wanna Touch."  It's a fun rock song and I loved having Maya there to do a little back-up and dance with me :)  Justin and I also sang "Another Day" from 'Rent' and had the whole CAC Crew singing along with us...it was a great moment!
Costumes and Craziness for Justin's 'J' Themed Karaoke Birthday :)
It was a really busy month and sometimes I look forward to the more quiet nights when friends come in so they get the opportunity to sing more.  But I do love the vibe when we're busy and everyone is singing along to all the songs, cheering each other on, and enjoying the atmosphere!  Overall, it's nice to have a mix of the two kinds of nights throughout the month.  On to August!

No comments:

Post a Comment