Sunday, August 30, 2015

'After Paradise' Live Taping

As a fan of 'The Bachelor' and 'Bachelorette' on ABC, it's pretty impossible to not get sucked into their spin-off shows like 'Bachelor in Paradise' which is airing currently.  Thankfully, I have a group of girlfriends who are as excited as I am when a new episode airs and we all try to get together and discuss the show!  ABC created an Aftershow called 'After Paradise' which comes on right after the show and they usually bring guests of the show as well as celebrity super-fans.  Sound familiar?  We do the same thing at Afterbuzz TV so it's really cool that we are a part of this growing interest in the behind the scenes and insider information from all your favorite TV Shows and movies!

My friend, Thi, is a producer and she got us VIP Tickets for 'After Paradise' this past Monday.  We knew the new Bachelor was going to be announced and everyone had their favorite picked out but what we didn't know is that he would be in the studio!  After we screened the episode we were taken into the studio and got seats right across from the main area when Chris Harrison and his co-host, Jenny Mollen, sat with the guests.  Michelle Collins, one of the hosts from 'The View' was the super-fan and comedic relief, Joe Bailey, Dan Cox, and Juelia Kinney from 'Bachelor in Paradise' were the other guests.  There was a good teaser with Chris saying he was bringing the Bachelor in and the next thing we knew, Nick Viall, one of 'The Bachelorette's' favorite villains was sitting on the couch.  I couldn't believe it; I was shocked because we all thought Ben Higgins was going to be the new Bachelor.  Sure enough, it was a fake-out and after a quick interview with Nick, they introduced Ben to everyone's elated cheers!

From watching Caitlyn's season, Ben seems like a nice down-to-earth guy, hard-working, and ready to find love.  He said he's tried to maintain the same lifestyle he had before the show, working, going to Church on Sundays and spending time with family and friends.  After the confetti pop, the guests came back on-stage to congratulate Ben, and one of the executive producers waved us to go up as well.  There was no possible way he could really be motioning to us, but he was.  I jumped to my feet, and patiently waited my turn to congratulate Ben and give him a hug.  Just as he thanked Joe, he turned, genuinely looked at me and thanked me as he gave me a huge hug.  Thi also got to meet Ben and moments later we were all ushered out of the studio and back to reality.  
'After Paradise' Live Taping Guests, hugging the new Bachelor, Ben, and us gals at a commercial break!
It all happened so quickly but thanks to DVR, the gals and I watched the episode later that night, and the whole thing made it on the Aftershow!  You can even hear me say, 'I know you don't know me, but congratulations...oh my goodness.'  I think the last part was due to sheer shock.  The things we get to do living in LA, and this is one certainly thanks to Thi!  That's a day I'll never forget :)

No comments:

Post a Comment