Tuesday, July 12, 2016

June Karaoke!

It was a little slower in the month of June for Karaoke but that just meant my friends got to sing more when they came in to visit!  Plus, we celebrated my Birthday at Karaoke and had some fun with that!

Journey - 'Open Arms'
Staind - 'Right Here Waiting'
Three Doors Down - 'When I'm Gone'
Nirvana - 'Heart-Shaped Box'
Richard Marx - 'Shoulda Known Better'
Fuel - 'Falls On Me'
Patrick Swayze - 'She's Like the Wind'

Seether - 'Broken' with Ace
No Doubt - 'Sunday Morning'
Blessid Union of Souls - 'Standing at the Edge of the Earth'
Tracy Chapman - 'Give Me One Reason'

Fleetwood Mac - 'Gold Dust Woman'
Pat Benatar - 'Invinceable' 
Bruno Mars - 'When I Was Your Man' 
Journey - 'Separate Ways'
Aerosmith - 'Cryin''

Fleetwood Mac - 'Go Your Own Way'
Garbage - 'I'm Only Happy When It Rains'
Liz Phair - 'Why Can't I'
Nirvana - 'Heart-Shaped Box'
Jewel - 'Don't'
Natalie Imbruglia - 'Torn' 

Marty and I singing some Karaoke
on my Birthday!
That first week in June we had a bunch of Super-Sets of songs, including Journey, Staind, Three Doors Down, and Fuel, meaning at least three of us sang songs by that specific artist or band.  It adds a little challenge to Karaoke, making things more interesting and a lot of fun.  That also meant I opened the night with my new song by Journey, 'Open Arms' and closed out the night with 'She's Like The Wind' by Patrick Swayze since I hadn't sang it in forever!  The second week I was back in Wisconsin so when I got back for the third week I kept things low-key.  I took some suggestions from the Karaoke audience throughout the night and ended up doing 'Standing at the Edge of the Earth' by Blessid Union of Souls, one of my favorite bands from back in College, as my new song that night.  I'm going to end the blog with my Birthday Week so in closing out June it was another chill night so my new song was 'Why Can't I' by Liz Phair, which I had been trying to do for a couple weeks but the vibe wasn't right until that night.  It's one of those songs you hear and think it would be great for Karaoke, and it is!  I actually kept my songs all 90's (minus my opener) that night; once again, another way to add some excitement and difficulty to the evening!

My Birthday was on June 19th, so the following Wednesday I had some Themes set for the party.  Everyone had one warm-up song but I made sure to follow the themes after that.  The second song was from the decade you were born in, so I did Pat Benatar's 'Invinceable' as my 1980's song.  Next up was a #1 or Party song, so I did Bruno Mars' 'When I Was Your Man,' which was also my new song that night.  It's a really great song to sing, even for a girl!  Next up was Gender Bender, meaning the guys sang songs by female artists and vice versa, so I did 'Separate Ways,' my favorite Journey song.  We all closed out the night with our Guilty Pleasures, or in my case, the last song I sing on a night because my voice is completely shot after I do it.  That could only mean Aerosmith's 'Cryin'' for me!  If you've never sang it, sing it.  It's a blast!  It was actually a really great Karaoke Birthday :)
Carolyn & I...Photo Bomb compliments of Marty!
Summer is always hit or miss at Karaoke because people aren't in school anymore but it also means people are moving to the neighborhood and checking out Gabe's or are on vacation.  I'm just glad to see some new people coming by and I always welcome my favorite regulars!  Thanks for making my Birthday month so fabulous!

No comments:

Post a Comment