Wednesday, July 27, 2016

The 5th Anniversary of my 28th Birthday!

Having a new puppy, traveling back to Wisconsin twice in a month, celebrating my Birthday, having family in town for a Wedding, and my work schedule has gotten me so far behind in my writing.  I'm playing catch up and writing about my Birthday which happened on June 19th, over a month ago!  I'll get into a little more detail about my feelings about the weekend in part two of my Birthday Blog but I was glad to be busy that weekend!

Wine after a wonderful Dinner...thanks Court <3
Since my Birthday fell on a Sunday this year (it was also Father's Day, and I was born on Father's Day) that meant I took off on Saturday night so I could enjoy a nice weekend with friends.  On Friday, Courtney invited me to this Political Dinner at Craft in Century City in which I met our Secretary of State, some other Politicians and learned about the possibility of the Olympics coming to LA in 2024.  It was a really fun event and Craft has been on my Restaurant Bucket List for a very long time so I was super excited to try some of the food.  There was an Avocado & Tomatillo Salad to start that was out of this world, you can never get enough Avocado and each bite was packed with it...woo!!  We had Asparagus & Mushrooms with our main courses that were Salmon and Flank Steak cooked Medium Rare for the table.  Everything was family style and there was plenty of food to go around, even seconds or thirds!  Not to mention, I found a new favorite Chardonnay (Neyers) and my glass was never empty.  I've noticed I really like the Carneros region which is between San Francisco and Napa/Sonoma in a cool climate and produces really buttery Chardonnays.  No meal would be complete without a couple different desserts that were all delicious!  It was one of my favorite meals I've had, so special thanks to Courtney for kicking off the Birthday Festivities on Friday!

Saturday I started prep for the Sunday Mimosa Pool Party and Sam came over during the afternoon to spend a little time by the pool and just relax before we had Dinner.  Sam, Rachel and I went to Lukshon in Culver City for Dinner and Courtney met us there after an Afterbuzz meeting.  We started with the Hawaiian Butterfish that was fabulous, we wanted more of that in addition to the Crispy Rice Cakes that Jamie and I had had the last time we were there.  We also had the Chaing Mai Curry Noodles that had a nice little kick although, even with another appetizer we were all still hungry.  Thankfully we were going to Blind Barber for my Birthday Party which not only serves cocktails but some of the best grilled cheese I've ever had!
My Squad...Besties, Bae, and Seester ready for the night!  I'm a lucky gal :)
We all re-grouped at my place, took a shot and then headed to Blind Barber, and spent the night dancing, laughing and chatting with friends.  Of course, there were plenty of shots but this year, I was making it to bar close and remembering the night (thankfully, no one got roofied this year)!  One of the things I love about Birthdays is friends stopping by that you haven't seen in a while, and you get a chance to catch up with everyone.  It's also nice to get all your friends together in one room because it's such a rare occasion with everyone's crazy schedules.  Overall, it was a fun and even slightly tame night but it was great to be surrounded my favorite girls and get to celebrate with friends :)

Part two will be coming at ya soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment