Tuesday, July 12, 2016

Summer in Wisconsin

I was actually back in Wisconsin twice in less than a month.  I went back in May for a week to spend some time with my family, see my cousin, Nicole, graduate from UW-Madison, celebrate my cousin, Tyler, and my Dad's Birthday, and also attend Tyler & Monica's Bridal Shower.  Unfortunately, my second trip back was specifically for my Grandpa's funeral.  You can read about my Grandpa, Edward, here: My Wonderful Grandpa but we were able to enjoy the few days I was home with some fun as well!

Dad walking the pups!
It was my Dad's first time meeting Rutherford B Hayes, and also Rutherford's first airplane ride.  He got his Wings (Thanks Southwest) since he was such a good traveler and the flight attendants fell in love with him!  Dad was very excited to have a new puppy in the house but I'm not sure our dog back home, Cheli, was very happy about it.  Rutherford figured it out pretty quickly that Cheli would let him kind of 'rough house' with her, meanwhile, she was just annoyed with it, and would try to get away from him, any chance she got.  She even let him play with her toys!  They did have some cute moments together, like when Dad would take both of them for a walk, but they were both pretty tired by the time the trip back to LA came around for Rutherford and I.  We lost Cheli just this month, so it's been a very difficult year of loss for my family and I hope that we can all stay positive and find the lessons that God is trying to teach all of us.

Cheli & Rutherford taking a nap together <3

Bobby and I were able to go and see my Dad do his Trap Shooting one night and after we went and had Dinner at City Club.  There burgers are pretty darn good!  Lindy and Dave came to meet us at Pour Vino, which is always a go-to when I'm back in Wisconsin (especially for half-priced Wine on Tuesday nights). Dad and I planned a Boat Day for Thursday, since Bobby needed to get back to Madison that night and I was heading back to LA on Friday evening.  Lake Winnebago is less than 45 minutes from Plymouth, and I was very excited to see Dad's new boat, although I was skeptical at first, it was very cool.  We always make a stop and get Lunch and I had to get a good old fashion, Wisconsin Bloody Mary (Lyndsey style, of course) while we were there.  Rutherford even joined us on the boat, he's quite the adventurer!  Dad let me drive on the way back which was a lot of fun and it was the perfect sunny day!
Enjoying the Sunshine and a Coors Light on the Lake!
I know that as mad as my Mom would have been that my Dad bought a new boat, once she got on, she would have really enjoyed it!  Even though I know she was with us while we were out that day, it's family moments like that, that make it really tough to not have her physically with us.  I miss her every day.  It was really nice to be home with my Dad for a few days and get to spend some quality time with him :)

No comments:

Post a Comment