Wednesday, April 24, 2013

Hair Model for a Day!

Last week I had the pleasure of working with a friend of mine I haven't seen in years!  Randy works at Salon Sessions in Pasadena, and they were looking for Models for a Blow-Dry Campaign they were doing.  Lucky me, I was told to be at the Salon at 9 am on Tuesday morning!

Prepping for Look #2
Wind Set-Up
It took less than an hour to make it to Pasadena (YAY) and I arrived to the Salon make-up ready with Spring & Summer clothing options. They said my current hair for the 'Before' picture was healthy and cute so they decided for my 'After' they would cut my bangs and do a trim to really show off the Style they were going to give me.  

I've told stories before about getting picked on in School but when I was younger, one of the things that I was picked on for was my hair.  I was never quite sure why.  I had long dark brown hair that had a natural wave to it, which when I was little, I would make my Mom blow-dry straight so it would look like the other girls.  Even still, I was told I was ugly, my hair was terrible, and I would be better off if I was bald.  Perhaps being picked on and teased is one of the reasons I've continued to strive for success, pushed harder to achieve my goals, and won't take 'no' for an answer.  This felt like one of those great moments of accomplishment; I got booked on this job because of my hair!

The rest of the morning two Stylists worked on my hair and I had a Mini-Photo Shoot for both my After Looks while we listened to some fun dance music.  The first Look was an every day bouncy style and the second look was more dramatic, and the make-up artist changed my lip color and added lashes, which were insane!  Overall, it was such a great day, playing around on set, hanging out with some amazingly talented people, and feeling pampered with an awesome hair-cut and style!  Thanks for a sassy new look, Salon Sessions Pasadena!

You can see the Campaign here!
So thank you to the girls that tried to make me feel bad about myself, you may have gotten temporary joy out of hurting me and seeing my tears, but I'm stronger now because of you.  I won't give you credit for where I am today because I've done that on my own and with support of those who DO believe in me, but I am where I am because I won't give up, I won't give in, and that strength and courage I've learned is the only thing I will credit to you and for that I'm thankful.

For anyone who has been reading my blogs or is new to my page, thanks for stepping into my world and taking a look at who I am.  Stand tall, believe in yourself, and don't let anyone push you down; for anyone who is talking behind your back just means they are one step behind you, and you are moving forward to even bigger, better, and happier things :)

2 comments:

  1. Those girls were bullies and certainly no better than you or anyone else. Some realize it and some don't. Those that don't usally don't accomplish anything of great importance anyway.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for reading my blog and your thoughtful comment. It's hard to realize that when you're a kid, but I was lucky to have some great people supporting me, just like you, so thank you :)

    ReplyDelete