Wednesday, April 17, 2013

What's for Dinner? Part 13.

This is one of my favorite recipes that I got from my friend, Caleb, who had made me Dinner years ago and I had to get the recipe from him because it's the best Pesto I have ever tasted and I'm really excited to share it!

Caleb's Cilantro Pesto (My Way)
2 Bunches of Cilantro
3/4 Cup Olive Oil
1/2 Cup Rice Wine Vinegar
My Pesto is the Besto :)
10 Dashes Tabasco (I didn't have Tobasco so I used 6 Dashes Cholula which comes out quicker than Tabasco)
3/4 Container Parmesan Cheese (I used 3/4 Cup of Parmesan Cheese but you could certainly use more, although 3/4 of a Container sounded like a lot, even for the Cheese Lover in me!)
4 Cloves Garlic (I used 6 Cloves because I love Garlic)
1 Tsp Honey
*Add Water if Sauce gets too Thick

Cut off the ends of the stems on the Cilantro Bunches and then put those into a Blender or Food Processor and then add in all the other ingredients.  Once you've got everything in, blend until it's smooth and a beautiful bright green color.  After you've blended it you can store it until you use it because it does make quite a bit.  I used about half of it for my Dinner that night and was able to have seconds and even had leftovers just from using half and put the rest in the fridge to warm up next time.  When you're ready to use the Pesto heat it up on the stove top in a Frying Pan and once it starts to bubble add in your Pasta or pour over your Meal.
One of my favorite Dinner's!
This Pesto is such a great addition to a Pasta and it smells just heavenly!  In this case, I did Asiago & Garlic Tortellini, Shell Pasta, and Shrimp with Pesto and it made an awesome Dinner that was quick and easy!  

*Also pictured above was my Lemon Asparagus and a fun little Mango Cocktail I created with Blood Orange Vodka, Mango Green Tea, and Mango Juice.  YUM!  I also did an Arugula Salad with an Orange Citrus and Italian Dressing with Orange slices.  It was a Green & Orange Meal :)

No comments:

Post a Comment